1.    #1  
    I purchased a Treo 650 for my husband and we are wondering if having a memory card will speed up the internet sending/receiving while on the web on his Treo.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbanning
    I purchased a Treo 650 for my husband and we are wondering if having a memory card will speed up the internet sending/receiving while on the web on his Treo.

Thanks
    Simple and short answer, No.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I do not believe BLAZER uses any available memory on a memory card as a cache, I believe it works totally off the internal memory cache. 3rd party browsers may be a different story.

Do a search here on browsers, I have seen references to "faster" browsers than Blazer in various threads.

(You will eventually want an SD card for music, video, picture, and data storage though.)

Cheers, Perry.
  4. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    In any case, read/write to/from a memory card is slower than internal memory, so I'm not sure how this would speed things up...
    As was mentioned internal speed would be faster than external so the read/write speed of a card would be irrelevant but anyway every browser I have ever used or read about places its cache on internal so read/write speed even if it could make a 1 second difference, wouldn't. If you want a faster browser Xiino is the fastest.
    Webpro is faster than blazer but has no 5way and its buggy which is expected since the 650 version is hacked and patched. Rec wireless is almost non existant, I think I found a link once but there was no trial period . Web to go is not compatible

So,,,,,,, Blazer is pretty, Xiino is fast and everything in between falls short in more ways than one could stand.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 09/06/2005 at 06:25 PM.