Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My neighbor gave me a $50 gift certificate for Handago for helping them out. My question is what applications/utilities would u get?

I already have Handmark Express and Uninstaller...

Was debating between:
    Butler
    Snapper/Chatter
    Agendus

any other suggestions would be welcomed
    ZLauncher and Chattermail - $52
    chatter and volume care
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    VolumeCare definately. It is the one program that makes my phone truly usable. Everything else is a preference/need issue. For example, I love Ultrasoft money so I can keep track of what my wife is doing in the checking account. She uses Money on the computer and it is the only software that syncs invisibly. (ie. personal need).
    I also love LauncherX and can't imagine my palm without it. (personal preference).
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Can't get Chatter on Handango. Marc only sells it on his own website, but absolutely worth the $

www.chatteremail.com
    I know I've said it before. If I could only have one program, it'd be Chatter. So, there's $32. Plus another $10 for the SSL package....what to do with the other $8??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    What to get depends on where your interests lie. Generally I'd suggest a better datebook (DateBk5 or Agendus), Butler, VolumeCare and maybe a launcher. I use Hi-Launcher along with PowerRun but ZLauncher is great and gives you the ability to load apps to the SD card without PowerRun.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    ZLauncher and Chattermail - $52
    This is my vote too. The default launcher is ok and the default mail client for the sprint treo is inadequate.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I went to the "ChatterMail" site. What is it exactly?? I am getting that it is an email server. Do you have to have an account with an ISP server then chattermail, or is chattermail a server for emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Member
    I went to the "ChatterMail" site. What is it exactly?? I am getting that it is an email server. Do you have to have an account with an ISP server then chattermail, or is chattermail a server for emails.
    Chatter is an email program, like Versafail or Snapper. However, Marc has recently added an imap mail server called "chattermail" that can be used in conjunction with Chatter (or with another email client, such as Outlook for that matter.)

You do not need to sign up with the mail server to use Chatter.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    - VolumeCare: without it my Treo would be a (very quiet) doorstop. (14.95)
    - Uninstall Manager: if you install lots of trial software, you need this. (14.95)

Since I have $20.00 left I'd get 2Day ($4.99) and throw some donations to Directory Assistant and Profiles.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    So, if I sign up for cahttermail, I can use this on my Treo 600 and send receive emails?
    So, if I sign up for cahttermail, I can use this on my Treo 600 and send receive emails?
    Yes, you can use POP mail (uhhg) or you can sign up for a free IMAP account through fastmail and get push email.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

me....wrong person to ask - I got like over 500 bucks worth of apps
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Yes, you can use POP mail (uhhg) or you can sign up for a free IMAP account through fastmail and get push email.

You lost me after "Yes".... Could you explian after that??

Other options???

Other options???
    No reason to rehash this because it's been done before. (remember to search, its your friend.)

Check out this thread...read through it...it lays out the settings for having Chatter (the email client) on your treo with fastmail (the imap email provider) with forwarding by gmail (so all your email messages are online) and so you can send out emails without paying for everything (except Chatter...which is worth it.)

If you have more questions, you can always PM me.

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts

Other options???
    Also check out this summary if you use Gmail.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    1. VolumeCare
    2. BBVFS or RescoExplorer
    2. DateBk5
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    1. VolumeCare
    2. BBVFS or RescoExplorer
    2. DateBk5
    My vote too, except at 2. I'd select Resco Explorer and not BBVFS.

Resco Explorer can do everything that BBVFS can and more.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    me....wrong person to ask - I got like over 500 bucks worth of apps
    Send $250 over my way...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast