View Poll Results: Have you ever experienced Treo 650 GSM "freeze" problem?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 80.00%
  • No

29 20.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have this issue also, will pay more attention to when it happens now. It does not happen often but did notice it happens more SoCal (Where I have very good coverage) than in Europe this summer for 2 months.
    Please see this thread if you have this issue:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=96277
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4.    #104  
    I don't know really how I feel now........sad, angry or disappointed.

BTW after 4 weeks of a wonderful love story I got a freeze on my forth replaced Treo. Yeah, now I'm 4 on 4......all my 4 GSM had a freeze since mid June.
    As much as I love this 650, I'm going to eBay it and go back to a 600. This freezing problem is horrible.
    Called P1 and got the following two "guaranteed" fixes for the freezing problem. First, she told me to make sure I had the most recent update (1.13). I already had that. Second, she told me to do a hard reset (rename backup folder, etc) because Versamail had corrupted some file somewhere. She said this was sure to fix the freezing problem. Guess what? It didn't. What a waste of time.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Called P1 and got the following two "guaranteed" fixes for the freezing problem. First, she told me to make sure I had the most recent update (1.13). I already had that. Second, she told me to do a hard reset (rename backup folder, etc) because Versamail had corrupted some file somewhere. She said this was sure to fix the freezing problem. Guess what? It didn't. What a waste of time.
    What a stupid answer!!! Is this a support?

If P1 think that Versamail is creating corrupted files, without releasing a fix VM will always create this file!!
    Do the want us to do hard reset on a daily basis? This will surely fix our problems as during "daily hard resetting" we'll keep our GSM radios off the whole day.

Why do they love words HARD RSET so much???
  8. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    11 days no reset.. with my 3rd replacement.

It might still freeze, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I think it's definitely worth trying to get a replacement from Palm.
  9. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    vittogn, I share your fate. My 3rd replacement Treo froze on day 11.

I guess I spoke too soon ..
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by t4l
    vittogn, I share your fate. My 3rd replacement Treo froze on day 11.

I guess I spoke too soon ..

I'm crying like you my friend!!!

What can I say........don't give up.........it will work.
    Request an ADVANCED EXCHANGE for the 4th 650.
  11.    #111  
    All........unlucky friend of mine with a wonderful but freezing GSM 650, let's try with this leaked fw version? What do you think?

At least let's take a look to this thread: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ferrerid=28041

Some guys report that they stop noticing freezing event (before very frequent) after update to 1.43. Some others report that it should fix GSM Radio behavior.

Cross finger!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    All........unlucky friend of mine with a wonderful but freezing GSM 650, let's try with this leaked fw version? What do you think?
    I'm sorry for your 4th Treo which finally freezed.

giving my bets to an incoming GSM firmware update, I just decided to wait for it.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    have you seen a relationship with the known issue 'HalRadioOmap' errors and Treo crashing (the HALRadioOmap.c, Line:300, Host Wake not asserted in time error)?

(look here for more)
  14.    #114  
    I escaleted my problem directly to Palm Italy/Europe managment trough Vodafone Italy (a retailer/service provider like Sprint or Cingular in US).
    I'm waiting to be contacted by them and if the will not state that they are aware about the problem and that know how to solve it (I don't care if via a new FW and/or HW replacement) I'll be sadly obliged to ask for a full pay back.
    A friend of mine is an advocate and he says that I have all prerogatives to obtain a full pay back.

I'll keep you updated about what Palm Italy/Europe is proposing to me.
  15.    #115  
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    everybody, it's a built-in feature of the Treo so please stop complaining about all the freezings and crashes. I repeat, it's a bonus built-in feature of the Treo650.

if user.is.talking.too.much
    goto bonus_feature
    else if user.is.using.too.long
    goto bonus_feature
    else if user.screw
    goto bonus_feature
    else
    goto bonus_feature

/***this is a built-in feature to help save the Treo650 from over use, stop owner from talking too much thus save $$ for owner & potential brain cancer***/
    bonus_feature
    {
    if true
    random_crash();
    else
    random_freeze();
    }
    Quote Originally Posted by the_passenger
    everybody, it's a built-in feature of the Treo so please stop complaining about all the freezings and crashes.
    ahahhahahha!
    I upgraded my unlocked unbranded GSM Treo to the 1.43 firmware but didn't upgrade the ROM. Results: I went from 3 - 4 freezes a day to none. None at all for the last 2 1/2 weeks.

Other than fixing my freezing problem, I haven't noticed anything else, good or bad, since the upgrade.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456