1.    #1  
    I love powerrun for more reasons than I can count,but I have a rather annoying problem,whenever I have a crash/soft reset while using an app I launched with powerrun,then when the phone comes back on the app is always in RAM,and to get everything back to "normal" I have to find the icon(after this happens there is always 2 icons for the same program,the one w/ the star being for powerrun)then launch it,and when I exit the app powerrun saves it back again........my question is......how can I keep apps locked into powerrun even after a reset so I don't have to do this workaruond every time??
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Do you have any hacks activated? I was having the same problem, until I deactivated fontsmoother for all applications on the SD card. Also I don't think there is anyway to get around a duplicate copy of an app that was running during a reset. The quickest way to cleanup is to go back into PowerRun & delete the app from the card, then use move to move the ROM copy back over.

It's a pain, I hear ya!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    this always happens because power run copies the app from the card into RAM and when you crash it can't complete the cycle of saving it back. you can follow your method to correct, above, or you can just use filez or resco explorer and delete the app from ram (NOT THE STARRED ONE) and, if asked to delete RAM dbs and preferences ... DON'T!
    The easiest way to recover from this is to run the app again from the shortcut, and then exit it normally (hit the Home key or whatever). PoweRun will clean things up automatically.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    The easiest way to recover from this is to run the app again from the shortcut, and then exit it normally (hit the Home key or whatever). PoweRun will clean things up automatically.
    yeah that's what i do,run the app(with the star) after a reset then exit,everything is fine.....that's the best work-around for now,it's not that big of a deal...i still couldnt live w/o powerrun,it frees up so much memory for me!!
    I actually have the same problem when using Zlauncher. The treo sometimes resets before zlauncher can move the app back to the card. The way to fix thsi is to relaunch the app and then exit whereby zlauncher will move the app back to card....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Actually, PowerRUN/LauncherX/ZLauncher don't move the app back to the card after quitting from the program. They simply delete the .prc (and .pdb's for PowerRUN) from the internal memory. The copy on the card always stays put. The Palm OS cannot actually launch PRC's from the card - it will always need the file copied to RAM first.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air