Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hi,

I am new to Trreo650. I tried the VersaMail, but it gave me lots of problems like:
    - 550 Syntax Error, User ID Invalid
    - 550 Local Host xxx.com not found

I have problem to send email.

Can you guys recommend alternative? is SnapperMail better?

Thanks.
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Snapper or Chatter for basic needs (as opposed to something like Good.)

Depends on what you want. For simple POP mail, Snapper is fine. If you want your mail pushed, Chatter is the way to go.

Also this thread probably belongs in the Communications forum, rather than 650 Hardware.
    Last edited by Insertion; 09/05/2005 at 10:55 PM. Reason: added Chatter link
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot for your info.

I have problem with my VersaMail on my Treo 650, therefore it is in this forum.
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Chatter chatter chatter....

But of course i dont trumpet it as well as Dutchie does in this thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=email
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadmy
    Thanks a lot for your info.

I have problem with my VersaMail on my Treo 650, therefore it is in this forum.
    Your question concerns software.

I will direct you to the Forum Guidelines

http://discussion.treocentral.com/announcement.php?f=70

Specifically
    Post in the right forum - TreoCentral has different forums to discuss various specific aspects of the Treo. For example, if you just got your new Treo, and are having trouble with VersaMail do not post in the Treo 650 forum, but in the Communication forum. The Treo 650, Treo 600, etc forums are for hardware questions and issues, not application questions.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

Specifically
    And to think they passed you over as a moderator!
    You coulda been a made man.
    ... waits patiently for thread to be moved ...

The errors you're encountering may not be specific to the software. They appear to be configuration issues, in fact rejections by the server. Get your ISP on the phone, or refer to their website for tech support, and make sure your server settings are correct. Also, when you're entering your password, make sure you have the correct lock on for entering numbers/capitals.
    --
    j.
    Motorola 1100 (Beige!) -> Nokia 1610 -> Nokia 2110i -> Ericsson GH688 (x3) -> Motorola StarTac Xe (x4) -> Motorola ? (some old CDMA brick) -> Ericsson T28 (+ Palm V) -> Ericsson T10 (+ Palm V) -> Nokia 6210 (+ Palm Vx) -> Sony Ericsson T610 (+ Palm Vx) -> Pa1mOne Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    And to think they passed you over as a moderator!
    You coulda been a made man.
    I was voted down in the Confirmation Hearings.

nomadmy - You may have your user name setup wrong. Perhaps you're only using your user name instead of the full email address (username@xxx.com) or vice-versa?

Check your SMTP settings with your email server

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

Specifically
    someone's feeling all high and mighty