1.    #1  
    Ive been tinkering for the past 6 hours and searched various forums but cant figure out how to get my bt dun on my phone to work. I have a cingular phone unlocked and used for T-mobile and just recently upgraded to Treo650-1.15-CNG...was this the correct one to upgrade to? Now that i have downloaded it, i see that i have bt dun networking. I have used the palm-1's instructions on how to set it up and it still wont work..it gives me error codes 630? or something like that. Should i just get pdanet or try to get this thing working. Please help. I dont know what im doing wrong or if im missing something...i need my phone to act as a modem for my laptop.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EastSidinA4
    Ive been tinkering for the past 6 hours and searched various forums but cant figure out how to get my bt dun on my phone to work. I have a cingular phone unlocked and used for T-mobile and just recently upgraded to Treo650-1.15-CNG...was this the correct one to upgrade to? Now that i have downloaded it, i see that i have bt dun networking. I have used the palm-1's instructions on how to set it up and it still wont work..it gives me error codes 630? or something like that. Should i just get pdanet or try to get this thing working. Please help. I dont know what im doing wrong or if im missing something...i need my phone to act as a modem for my laptop.
    Have you searched this website? "BT DUN"
  3.    #3  
    yes...for hours and I dont know what to do next
    Hello
    If its anything like the Sprint setup you also need to create a new dial-up connection (you may already know this). When I was figuring it out my biggest headache was making sure that the virtual COM port you create ('incoming') in the BT desktop application, was the one being used by the dial-up connection you just created.
    Personally, I dont think the BT DUN is ready for prime time. I would have to constantly clear and re-establish the setup for no apparent reason. Not sure how good PDANet is but try the demo (14 day I beleive) and see if that works for you.

http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php

HTH
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Did you try Solution ID: 34830 on Palm's website? Start here:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/treo650cingular/ and click on the handbook that says "Dial-up networking note"

That handbook will give you all you need except for the specific T-Mobile settings. I believe I saw somebody post them on TC but I haven't looked. You can find the Cingular settings at the following link and use that format to figure out the TMO settings (or call TMO if you can't find them online)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=DUN
    Last edited by Travelin'Rich; 09/06/2005 at 06:29 AM.
    Jornada, Cingular Unlocked 650, ROW 680, Tilt, next?