1.    #1  
    I dropped my 650 while working on my truck and noticed the screen is cracked. Still makes and receives calls, but the screen is dead. I've had it since last November when it first came out and did take the Sprint $5 insurance.

Will Sprint replace with no problem other than the deductable? Anything I should know ahead of time before I call? What a PITA! Use this everyday for work email and text messages.
    TIA,
    Dave
    Hi Dave!

If you are paying the $5 per month, you should get the replacement. They may want the box and the all that came in it, as they will be giving you another box. Just make sure you do a final hotsync before you take it in. It will probably be a refurbished unit, rather than a brand new one.

I'm glad you got the insurance!

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/05/2005 at 07:04 PM.
    Not nearly as glad as he is!!

IMHO-if you have a 650 and don't have SOME kind of protection you are a FOOL.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, very glad I opted for the insurance. Usually I never end up using it and grumble about paying for it. Thanks for the feedback Perry .

I also have a bunch of personal stuff on the 650 and hoping I can do a hard reset before turning it in. It might be tough when I can't see anything, any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by dj81462
    Yeah, very glad I opted for the insurance. Usually I never end up using it and grumble about paying for it. Thanks for the feedback Perry .

I also have a bunch of personal stuff on the 650 and hoping I can do a hard reset before turning it in. It might be tough when I can't see anything, any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave
    You would be better served doing a ZERO-OUT reset. Just sync everything to your computer before resetting so when you get your new Treo, you can restore.

Ooops. never mind that, just noticed the screen is totally dead
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Lockline was friendly and helpful. Gave them my CC for the deductable and the phone will arrive on Friday. Insurance is worth the money, atleast in this case..lol. Would suck having to purchase a phone at full price ($599).
    Dave