1.    #1  
    Anybody know of a program or a built-in function to automatically redial a number. Any time I dial a number to the lower Mississippi region, I get a fast busy signal or a "due to the hurricane..." message. Anywhere from 5 to 100 redials later, I'll get through to whomever I need to speak with.

A program that would continuously redial a given number until it rings and then beeps or just puts all calls on speakerphone so that I'll know when it gets the ring signaling....would make me really happy.

Any ideas?

(Sorry if this has been posted recently...haven't checked the board as much as I would like to lately)
    If you press the green phone button from within the phone app, it will popup a list with the last number dialed highlighted. A second press dilas it.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Takephone lets you set Redial on busy every X amount of seconds (5 seconds-1 minute). Up to 20 redials...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    If you press the green phone button from within the phone app, it will popup a list with the last number dialed highlighted. A second press dilas it.
    That's not quite automatic.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Takephone lets you set Redial on busy every X amount of seconds (5 seconds-1 minute). Up to 20 redials...
    Thanks....I hate the takephone UI, but I might have to try it out temporarily.
    Is it that big a deal to just press the phone button twice? You can do it without even having to look at the phone....
    Seems simple enough to me..
    Agreed nrosser ... I prefer that to Takephone anyday!
    --
    j.
    Motorola 1100 (Beige!) -> Nokia 1610 -> Nokia 2110i -> Ericsson GH688 (x3) -> Motorola StarTac Xe (x4) -> Motorola ? (some old CDMA brick) -> Ericsson T28 (+ Palm V) -> Ericsson T10 (+ Palm V) -> Nokia 6210 (+ Palm Vx) -> Sony Ericsson T610 (+ Palm Vx) -> Pa1mOne Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Or just press and hold the green button.
    That is about as automatic as it gets.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Is it that big a deal to just press the phone button twice? You can do it without even having to look at the phone....
    Seems simple enough to me..
    Umm....do you enjoy doing that ONE HUNDRED TIMES every time you want to get in touch with somebody??

I don't think you guys are understanding that it's very hard for me to dial people on the coast....
    I'm just curious what you don't like about the TakePhone UI? It works great for me...
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I'm a longtime 7135 user who has been using TakePhone for two years, since before version 1.0. It was a godsend for the 7135. I must have used it 20 times a day.

You know what? Now that I'm using the t650, I'm suddenly not so keen on it, and I don't know why. It does seem to look out of place, even with the new hires skins, and I get much of the same functionality with the built-in phone app.

I think it has mostly to do with the number keys not doing "numbers" when takephone is active - perhaps there's a config settings I've missed...

-Warr

My wifes new Treo does not do this--can anyone help? When the green button is pressed, the screen flashes and returns to the same page she was on.

deanandbek
    Quote Originally Posted by deanandbek
    My wifes new Treo does not do this--can anyone help? When the green button is pressed, the screen flashes and returns to the same page she was on.
    Search this forum for a tiny utility called BtnFix (Button Fix). Run it once and problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    I think it has mostly to do with the number keys not doing "numbers" when takephone is active - perhaps there's a config settings I've missed...

-Warr
    Hi,

Not sure I understand what you mean - do you mean the "real" keyboard buttons ? or the on-screen buttons ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by deanandbek

deanandbek
    Has she had any other dialing programs on the phone? ie takephone, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

Not sure I understand what you mean - do you mean the "real" keyboard buttons ? or the on-screen buttons ?
    I mean the keyboard buttons. the on-screen buttons work as they are supposed to.

Don't get me wrong, I still love takePhone, and recommend it to tons of people. I just find that I'm not using it that much (yet) on my (very new) T650. Perhaps because the treo's build-in dialer isn't as blindingly incompetent as the 7135's built-in dialer.

Of course, I now just read that there's a takephone OS5 "hack" to dial selected text from other apps, a function that was built into the 7135. I guess I'd better read that takephone manual...

-Warr
    OK, I'm officially taking back my original comments about TakePhone and the keyboard buttons. I hadn't been playing with it long enough, or had not been pressing more than a few keys at a time (I have around 800 names and a few thousand numbers, I'd say) on my new device, so takePhone hadn't been reverting to phone numbers after it ran out of matching names.

Also, I seem to have only downloaded the latest beta rather than the full release package, so I was without the manual or the extra hacks. I've since downloaded the full version and started reading.

Subsequently, I'll keep my mough shut until I finish reading the manual, except to say, "Thanks for takePhone, Shimon. Its the best money I've ever spent on Palm software."

-Warr
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    OK, I'm officially taking back my original comments about TakePhone and the keyboard buttons. I hadn't been playing with it long enough, or had not been pressing more than a few keys at a time (I have around 800 names and a few thousand numbers, I'd say) on my new device, so takePhone hadn't been reverting to phone numbers after it ran out of matching names.

Also, I seem to have only downloaded the latest beta rather than the full release package, so I was without the manual or the extra hacks. I've since downloaded the full version and started reading.

Subsequently, I'll keep my mough shut until I finish reading the manual, except to say, "Thanks for takePhone, Shimon. Its the best money I've ever spent on Palm software."

-Warr
    Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Do you really encounter a busy signal so much that you need an automatic redial? The only time I get a busy signal is when someone forgot to hang up their phone.
    He is in a devastated area of the country right now....cell access is spotty at best.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein