Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I haven't seen this mentioned on these boards so I thought I'd seek some feedback. Has anybody used this? http://mobile.yahoo.com/services?

Mail for Mobile

Check your mail when you're on the go.
    Download the new Yahoo! Mail application

Stay connected! It's now faster and easier to take Yahoo! Mail with you.
    Features:

* Your email automatically sent to your Treo.
    * Emails are stored on your phone: read and compose email even offline.
    * Access to your Yahoo! Address Book.
    * $2.99/mo plus tax, charged to your wireless bill.*

Learn how to use it

~~~ gottago ~~~
    It would be cheaper and far more powerful to just get an IMAP account at fastmail.fm or everyone.net and have your Yahoo mail forwarded there for use by Chatter (or any other client, for that matter).

Marc
    Yes, I used it for a month. I wasn't happy with it, so I got rid of it. Plus it takes a good amount of memory.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Is that just for sprint ? I remember one of my colleagues had it,until I pointed out an alternate way-he didn't use his yahoo account all that much,and thought it was not a good use of the valuable memory space on his device.

Seems that if you don't have YahooMail Plus there are various options,one being really free and just using the browser to check,the second would be to set up alerts and have them sent via SMS and then just check the mail using Blazer (cheap,but not free -unless you have unlimited SMS ) And finally, for less than $2 per month you sign up for the YahooMail Plus,and have POP access and forwarding
    I use Apple's .Mac email which is IMAP. Does this work with Chatter? Does the .Mac account have the ability to forward? Does fastmail.fm have any advantages?

Thanks,
    Alan
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Thanks all that responded. While I haven't determined if Push is for me or not I needed the feedback for my reference. Off to Chatteremail I go for a trial maybe?

~~~ gottago ~~~
    .Mac works with Chatter, but it doesn't support push (which is an advantage for fastmail, fusemail, or everyone.net). I'm not sure about forwarding.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by PAInterim
    I use Apple's .Mac email which is IMAP. Does this work with Chatter? Does the .Mac account have the ability to forward? Does fastmail.fm have any advantages?

Thanks,
    Alan
    Yes, .mac does offer forwarding. Set it up by going to Preferences, and then click Accounts (via the mac.com website.) You'll find Forwarding there.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I had wrote a review of the yahoo push email service a little while back. The program really stinks. You can't add any kind of attachments to your email. The software does take up a lot of space as well. I also had quite a few reset problems after installing the software.
    I just use pay for Yahoo mail plus and use the POP mail service.
    I really wish Yahoo would offer IMAP so I could push it to chatter or just have access to my folders with (any) IMAP mail program.
    I have IMAP mail accounts, but I prefer Yahoo for my mail and all of my PIM needs. I even hotsync my address book, notes, and calendar to my Treo from Yahoo although the syncing is buggy with the 650 since it's designed to work with the older versions of Palm OS (works great with 600.) But because I hotsync to Yahoo my address book on yahoo and my Treo are synced, and I like that.

I'd like to see an OTA sync with yahoo PIM and IMAP on yahoo mail. But I doube either is likely to happen and I'm not willing to take on the programing project myself.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G