Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have a treo 650 and am using a belkin bluetooth adapter on my dell laptop with win xp pro.

I've done the initial pairing and all went fine. I made sure I checked the box on the treo to add as a trusted device. Now everytime I try to connect using the treo, the laptop and treo both want me to enter a passkey. It also seems odd that I started at come 6 or 7, and now am up to com 12.

I also have a car that has bluetooth and it's paired fine and has never asked me for a further authentication.

Things I've tried: deleting the pairing, trying to go with no passkey. This can't be the way it should be, right?

Stumped...any ideas? thank you!

Sean
    On your pc is it added as an incoming connection on the com port or is it outgoing? Check in the bluetooth configuration in the control panel.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have two incoming listed in my computer / hardware profile. Com 6 & 7. Both listed as standard serial over bluetooth link. Where else do I look?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I do seem to remember having to choose between incoming and outgoing back when I did the original pairing. I think I remember chosing "device will initiate connection." Sound right?