Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    What program do I need to play WMV movie? I have TCPMP and MMPlayer, but none of them can play the file.

Please help. Thanks!
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    There is no application up to now. TCPMP 0.66 can play without sound.
    Convert from wmv to mpeg using http://www.boilsoft.com/asfconverter/
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnston21
    Looks nice, but $25? I'm hoping for a free utility, or at least shareware.
    Do a search on the rest of the forums. I think TCPMP .65 (not .66) plays .wmv's. Ver. .66e dropped .wmv's because of their stupid licensing issues (I think)

I'll have to verify. I'm currently running ver. .66e, which handles .avi's fine, but not sure about .wmv's (with audio).

Also, check TCPMP's forums history to see if the older versions are still out there somewhere.

TCPMP is a great app. with great support, but we'll just have to get Microsoft to loosen their licensing for '3rd party' apps.

Greg
    Clarification. .66e plays wmv's WITHOUT audio. I THINK .65 still plays .wmv's WITH audio.
    Both versions play .wmv's.

Greg
    anyone have .65?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    try here: (did a simple search for TCPMP .65)

http://www.freewarepalm.com/music/tcpmpforpalmos.shtml

Hope this helps.

Greg
    or try here: (older versions)

http://corecodec.org/frs/?group_id=53
    I just DL .65 and when i try to sync a .wmv video i get the following:

"HotSync complete. One or more conduits logged messages."

Then in the HotSync log it reads:

" Failed to install xxxxxxx.wmv to the SecureDigital (SD) Card
    - No application on your handheld to open these files. If you have recently installed such an application, please run that application and then perform a HotSync operation."

What gives with the .65? It says it supports nearly every type of file?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by one2ku; 09/27/2005 at 02:02 AM.
    http://www.etplanet.com/download/files.php?cat=7

Checkout the link for possible A/V & DVD Freeware, to convert .wmv files.

Let us know if you find a good-one.
    Copy the movies directly to your SD card. Do not hotsync them.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Thanks for the tips! Will keep you all posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    Do a search on the rest of the forums. I think TCPMP .65 (not .66) plays .wmv's. Ver. .66e dropped .wmv's because of their stupid licensing issues (I think)

I'll have to verify. I'm currently running ver. .66e, which handles .avi's fine, but not sure about .wmv's (with audio).

Also, check TCPMP's forums history to see if the older versions are still out there somewhere.

TCPMP is a great app. with great support, but we'll just have to get Microsoft to loosen their licensing for '3rd party' apps.

Greg
    Man, if nobody can play .wmv files except Microsoft, that really sucks!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

So can we take the codec from .65 and use it with .66?
    quick question. in ZLPreferences > Advanced there is:
    Viewer:
    Reader:
    Player:
    I've just installed TCPMP .65, shouldn't it come up in the pulldown for "Player"?
    All I see is None, MMPlayer and Pocket Tunes. Also what should the "Reader" be set to? Not exactly sure what the reader is if there are already settings for "Viewer" and "Player"?
    Thanks
    Has anyone used this converter? If so what do you think about it and what did you convert?

I am on Mac and was thinking of buying it and doing it on my friends computer. I'd like to hear any opinions on it first.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by one2ku
    Has anyone used this converter? If so what do you think about it and what did you convert?

I am on Mac and was thinking of buying it and doing it on my friends computer. I'd like to hear any opinions on it first.

Thanks!
    I use it. It's Ok. Does what it's advertised to do. Simple operation GUI. Using it to convert captured .wmv streams. You might try some of the freeware apps via the url above (& save a few bucks).
    I use it. It's Ok. Does what it's advertised to do. Simple operation GUI. Using it to convert captured .wmv streams. You might try some of the freeware apps via the url above (& save a few bucks).
    thank you johnston21. i'm on a mac and can't find any converters so far.
    I installed ver .65 of TCPMP, copied a movie.wmv file to my card, and when I try to open it with TCPMP, it doesn't see it. . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast