1.    #1  
    Alright, just cashed in a $90 palm paysback gift certificate, and want to use it towards a Vaja case. I want something that adds little to no bulk. I really like the T65, as I am very accustomed to having a 'naked' Treo. I am religious about just slipping my Treo in my pocket... The reason I am considering the ultra clip is I may really like using it in certain situations (while wearing a sport coat/suit).

The more I look at these cases, the more practical the T65 with the ultra clip looks. Although I have never carried a phone on my hip, it would be nice to have the option.

My delimna is should I order the Vaja with or without the ultra clip? Keep in mind, I will probably carry it in my front pant pocket 90% of the time. For those of you who do the same and have a Vaja with a clip, which would you recommend?
    Last edited by ericshmerick; 09/04/2005 at 11:39 PM.
    I have the T65 with clip and carry it in my front pocket all the time. It can be a little snug with jeans but normal pants will be fine.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    I have the T65 with clip and carry it in my front pocket all the time. It can be a little snug with jeans but normal pants will be fine.
    Thanks...so there is no 'circle bulge' from teh clip?
    I have the T65 without the belt clip. I am not into the "Utilty Belt" look. I wanted protection with as little bulk as possible. Slips in and out of my pockets with no problem.
    I also have the T 65 with the clip. I wear scrubs most of the time for work, so pockets aren't really an option. But, when I have slacks, shorts or jeans on the clip can be a little obtrusive, but not bad enough to not have it.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I have a T65 without clip and carry my 650 in my rear jeans pocket.
    I had a Vaja case with a clip for one of my previous PDA's and didn't like that the PDA could not sit flat on the desk, albeit that was when I used grafitti...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    You are like me a month ago. I really liked the Vaja case and had some palm bucks to spend. Waivered on the clip or no clip. Since I was getting it for almost free, I decided to go with no clip and get a Nutshell to carry on my hip. I switch between the two depending on what I wear and need. Of course you could get a cheaper hip case, like the black one with magnetic strap on ebay for $25.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    You are like me a month ago. I really liked the Vaja case and had some palm bucks to spend. Waivered on the clip or no clip. Since I was getting it for almost free, I decided to go with no clip and get a Nutshell to carry on my hip. I switch between the two depending on what I wear and need. Of course you could get a cheaper hip case, like the black one with magnetic strap on ebay for $25.
    Just out of curiosity, did you redeem a Palm One Pays back certificate? I have a $90 certificate and want to use it towards the case...I also have a 20% off code I want to use also. I wonder if Palm will let me combine these offers. That would mean a Vaja T65 for like $6!!
    I redeemed my PalmOne Paysback. My vaja cost me like $4. I would like to know ( and if I had one, would try) if the paysback and the 20% off could be combined. You could go through the order page and see if they accepted both before you finally place your order.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    I have the T65 without the belt clip. I am not into the "Utilty Belt" look. I wanted protection with as little bulk as possible. Slips in and out of my pockets with no problem.
    Ditto.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Ditto.
    Mark, out of curiosity, does your white leather get dirty? I see your avatar and am guessing that is your color...

I am wondering if the leather gets dirty, especially around the earpiece?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Mark, out of curiosity, does your white leather get dirty? I see your avatar and am guessing that is your color...

I am wondering if the leather gets dirty, especially around the earpiece?
    I just posted the following in this thread:

I have two T65 cases, one with a Caterina lilac-grey front and the other with a steel grey front. The Lilac-grey gets dirty quicker but the steel grey tends to show oils more, so I guess it's a toss up. As long as you regularly use a leather cleaner and conditioner, your case should be fine. Just don't wait until the case is too dirty to start using the leather products and don't apply too much pressure when cleaning.