1.    #1  
    Hello all, If this is a dupe forgive me, my search function isnt working, I dont know if it is because I am on a dial up connection now or not.

Anyway I have an unlocked cingular branded 650 with the latest cingular software installed on T-Mo. I was sitting on the puter with the phone sitting in its case next to me and it lit up but didnt ring so I pulled it out of the case and it is resetting. This happens intermittantly all of a sudden. I have the new style sim tray. The only things I recently installed was VolumeCare and ScheduleCare, not that that has anything to do with this but I dont know.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    Resetting .. it's looping, or the radio is turning itself off?
    --
    j.
    Motorola 1100 (Beige!) -> Nokia 1610 -> Nokia 2110i -> Ericsson GH688 (x3) -> Motorola StarTac Xe (x4) -> Motorola ? (some old CDMA brick) -> Ericsson T28 (+ Palm V) -> Ericsson T10 (+ Palm V) -> Nokia 6210 (+ Palm Vx) -> Sony Ericsson T610 (+ Palm Vx) -> Pa1mOne Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by sarger
    Hello all, If this is a dupe forgive me, my search function isnt working, I dont know if it is because I am on a dial up connection now or not.

Anyway I have an unlocked cingular branded 650 with the latest cingular software installed on T-Mo. I was sitting on the puter with the phone sitting in its case next to me and it lit up but didnt ring so I pulled it out of the case and it is resetting. This happens intermittantly all of a sudden. I have the new style sim tray. The only things I recently installed was VolumeCare and ScheduleCare, not that that has anything to do with this but I dont know.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    what is the error code do you get after that reset. you can get the code by going to the phone mode and typing in #*377 "click on dial".
    Try deleting the phone call log. That may be corrupt, causing reset when the phone tries to update it on an incoming call.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  6.    #6  
    Sorry,
    I guess I should have been more specific. The phone would light up and when I take it out of the case it has the PALM screen up with the bar running across the bottom, just like if I hit the reset button under the battery cover.
    Thanks
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Try deleting the phone call log. That may be corrupt, causing reset when the phone tries to update it on an incoming call.

How do I delete it?
    Thanks
    Yup, that's a reset all right!

Try dialing #*377, like suggested earlier to se eif the Treo identifies the software causing the crashes. Are you using any 3rd party software that interacts with the phone, like Ringo or Lightwave etc?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  9.    #9  
    Yup, that's a reset all right!

Try dialing #*377, like suggested earlier to se eif the Treo identifies the software causing the crashes. Are you using any 3rd party software that interacts with the phone, like Ringo or Lightwave etc?
    " A reset was caused on 9/4/05 at 9:28 am while running "Zap!2016"

This was the time when I called the phone to see what it would do, but nobody was playing Zap. My son was playing the day before that.

No other third party software except volume care and profilecare.
    Aha! See, I told you that there is a method to this madness

http://www.astraware.com/help/showQu...&criteria=treo

"Some users have reported that when they receive an incoming phone call or SMS while playing the version of Zap!2016 bundled with the Tréo 650, then their device may perform a soft reset.

We have uncovered the source of this bug, and a fixed version of Zap!2016 is now available for download from the link below which will solve this problem."

etc etc
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  11.    #11  
    This site is great! I never knew about the #*377. Sure enough the first incoming call after playing Zap causes the reset, fine for all following calls. I am going to try to download the fixed version, my kids like the game too much to give up on it!

Thanks for all the help.
  12.    #12  
    Aha! See, I told you that there is a method to this madness

http://www.astraware.com/help/showQu...&criteria=treo

"Some users have reported that when they receive an incoming phone call or SMS while playing the version of Zap!2016 bundled with the Tréo 650, then their device may perform a soft reset.

We have uncovered the source of this bug, and a fixed version of Zap!2016 is now available for download from the link below which will solve this problem."

etc etc
    Update: Downloaded the updated game, BUG KILLED! Works Fine.