1. mfp
    What besides charging would cause the red LED to mysteriously come on? It's done it about 3 times in the last week or so.
    Low battery charge or battery needs to be charged. You may have another software that changes the LED color.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfp
    What besides charging would cause the red LED to mysteriously come on? It's done it about 3 times in the last week or so.
    Do you have Chatter installed? Chatteremail will cause your Treo to display a red LED when it's connecting/etc. to the network.
  4. mfp
    I don't use chatter - and this is so out of the blue. the newest app i have running is winlauncher. i've had it deactivated though, so i'm not sure that could be it. Does an indicator light come on when there's a voicemail message?
    Is it constant or blinking? If its blinking, it can mean you are going in and out of service. I get that a lot in some of the offices I work in.
    First, backup with Hotsync. Then, hard reset. Try to replicate the issue with 'factory fresh' Treo. Eliminates the need to delete/deactivate applications.

Voicemail should not alter the behaviour of the system LED.

DAugustyn, I was of the impression the 'service' light is the orange one ... which I suppose could be mistaken for a red one!

If it's blinking, I strongly recommend blinking back at it. Note winking is not a suitable alternative.
    --
    j.
    Motorola 1100 (Beige!) -> Nokia 1610 -> Nokia 2110i -> Ericsson GH688 (x3) -> Motorola StarTac Xe (x4) -> Motorola ? (some old CDMA brick) -> Ericsson T28 (+ Palm V) -> Ericsson T10 (+ Palm V) -> Nokia 6210 (+ Palm Vx) -> Sony Ericsson T610 (+ Palm Vx) -> Pa1mOne Treo 650
    okay I'm in class wondering why its red.... I thought it was flashing green... anyone tell me why my led light is solid red?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Is the battery low? Is it accessing the internet? Do you have service?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    It's telling you to pay attention in class! lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    okay I'm in class wondering why its red.... I thought it was flashing green... anyone tell me why my led light is solid red?
    Do you have any 3rd party apps that might be controlling the light?

danspalmone: Nice
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Running Chatter? Chatter changes the led to red whenever it performs an SSL request. Of course if it was charging it would also be red - but you're in class, so I'm thinking that's not it.

Dunc
    <merged>
    p-tunes makes the led turn red too. I think verichat will cause it to be red. There are many applications. My pssh client will make it go red. It has something to do with the data connection.