Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Marc, is this possible with Chatter?

This would be a very convenient way to send you an email which does not view perfectly so that when you open the attachment, you will observe a similar experience as my original mail.

Would a log of me opening such an email be useful to you?

Would the "forwarded as attachment" email also be less cryptic and complementary to a log?

Regards,
    Keith
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    If there's a formatting or attachment handling problem, the ONLY good way of having me debug iit is to REDIRECT the original message to me. This is possible from Thunderbird (if you get the redirect extension, which can easily be found via Google); I'm not sure about other PC email clients.

At the same time, please send me an email telling me what kind of message is coming (it will probably not look like mail I'm expecting)

Marc
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Marc, thanks for the speedy response... as always.

Great! I currently use Thunderbird for my PC access to my "IMAP Gmail" via fastmail.fm
    I usually get and check my emails first on Chatter. Therefore, the next time I get an odd looking one I will REDIRECT it to you using thunderbird. Also, as suggested, I will send you a prior email to alert you.

Some "odd looking" emails I previously got were from services like expedia.com, AA.com, etc.

Thanks,
    Keith
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    A number of HTML formatting issues have been fixed in the last two revs; send along anything else that's not working properly.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Marc, thanks for the speedy response... as always.

Great! I currently use Thunderbird for my PC access to my "IMAP Gmail" via fastmail.fm
    I usually get and check my emails first on Chatter. Therefore, the next time I get an odd looking one I will REDIRECT it to you using thunderbird. Also, as suggested, I will send you a prior email to alert you.

Some "odd looking" emails I previously got were from services like expedia.com, AA.com, etc.

Thanks,
    Keith
    I know that you can already do this with Thunderbird, but in case it helps anyone else, www.fastmail.fm also has a good "redirect" feature as well (if you want to do this through the web interface).
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I know that you can already do this with Thunderbird, but in case it helps anyone else, www.fastmail.fm also has a good "redirect" feature as well (if you want to do this through the web interface).
    Thanks, I did no know that.
    I'm using Thunderbird to access my forwarded Gmails on Fastmail so I've been able to redirect using Thunderbird.