1.    #1  
    the temptation to watch a movie on my 650 was too great not to try this. but at the default setting (approx the size of a 80min cd) you can really get no more than 2 movies on a 2 gb card. anybody experimented with the lower video quality? by the way, the screen may be tiny, but it is a great picture and the sound is amazing!

alan

wasn't sure if i should have gone to the multi media forum for this...sorry if i'm in the wrong place!
    Watch a movie on the Treo every week on United flights and love it. Usually select less than 300 mb for the movie and load two or three on the 2gb card with no problem. Have tried just about every combination of software to produce the portable movie and nothing matches Nero Recode and TCPMP for quality.
    Yup. I have to agree with mdobbins. Nero recode's quality is exceptional. I'm currently encoding all of the first season of Lost. I set it to around 107 mb an episode. That's 242 Kbps video and 96kbps 3200khz audio, at 320x176.
  4.    #4  
    thanks mdobbins and lewis. just in case you didn't check back here, i sent you both the following message to see if i could get a clearer idea of how to reset and what size to enter:

i wasn't clear on how to change the quality. i went to custom but what exactly do you enter? i found that with the default, i can load 2 movies on the 2gb card. they come in at about 700k per. what number/size to you call out for? do you select custom? then what?

thanks

you can email me off list if you want: novemberfilms@msn.com

alan
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdobbins
    Watch a movie on the Treo every week on United flights and love it. Usually select less than 300 mb for the movie and load two or three on the 2gb card with no problem. Have tried just about every combination of software to produce the portable movie and nothing matches Nero Recode and TCPMP for quality.
    I'm using autogordianknot and tcpmp. Did you try that combo?