1.    #1  
    I originally posted this over in the Syncronization forum.

Here is a little application I wrote to automate the syncing process. You can set it to stay on in the cradle. Can also sync when pluged in. Unfortunatly at this point it only checks for the power and not connection to the computer so it may try to sync after being plugged into a car adapter. It also can switch to another app after syncing or when plugged into the cradle. The app can be any database on the treo. You can also scredule it to only sync during a certain time of day.

Current release: 0.2 Beta

This is freeware. Consider this my contribution because of all the freeware out there I have used.

I hope you fin it usefull. Let know what you think.

Jason Breitweiser
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Very useful!

I had been using OnCradleOn, AfterSync (which only worked half the time), and overall forgetting to sync on a regular basis - your app flawlessly takes care of all 3 functions for me.

Thanks very much for offering this up for free. This should definitely go up on MTDN once your beta testing is done.
  3.    #3  
    I've been stuck at the testing for a pc connection problem. Right now everything is working the way I want but this feature. If anyone knows how to check for the hotsync cable connection please post it.
    Hello again. How's that PC connection testing going?

I was wondering if CradleSync stays enabled after a soft reset. If I enter and exit the app it will perform all its functions.

But after a soft reset it seems to "forget" to enable itself, so when I place the Treo in its cradle it does not stay on, nor does it sync even though the Treo has been cradled during the designated timeframe I have set in CradleSync.

Am I doing something wrong, or does it not enable itself after a soft reset?

Thanks for your help.
  5.    #5  
    I did not have it reset itself after a reset. I did not think it was wise incase it was the program causing the problem. Having it re-enable after a reset is trivial and I will add it after I am sure it is stable. The last thing I want is to screw some with a reset loop. While not a big fear I like to be safe.

As for the computer detection, I am still trying different things. Unfortunatly there is not a nice neat function to do this. I have to manually open a connection to the computer and test the link. that is where I am stuck now. If anyone knows of a way to get the computer to acknowledge the connect I would greatly appreciate the help. I will update here I I find anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by breitweiser
    I did not have it reset itself after a reset. I did not think it was wise incase it was the program causing the problem. Having it re-enable after a reset is trivial and I will add it after I am sure it is stable. The last thing I want is to screw some with a reset loop. While not a big fear I like to be safe.
    Makes sense. Looking forward to the first release. Thanks again for providing this!
    HI! Just seeing if CradleSync is ready for a full release yet.
  8.    #8  
    I never found the time to figure out the detecting computer connection problem. Real life issues took over. And now that it looks like POS may be a dead platform as far as a phone goes I have not had much reason to continue. If someone wants to pick this up I will mail them the source. It was written using PODS so anyone can pick it up. Sorry.