Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Hello all,
    I just connected up my adapter to my Treo 650 and I can't move off AP Disconnected. It recognizes my Linksys wireless-G router, but it will not move from "AP Disconnected" to "Connected". It also shows no signal strength. When I click connect, it goes up to "signing on", then says "failed to attach". I have tried pushing it down in the cradle and lifting up the release button to try to seat it better, but to no avail. You guys are great and I hope someone can help.
    Do you have a password on your network? Also, some of the newer routers have some multi-band technology that I've been told confuses the sled. I'm assuming your router works for everything else, but try to see if there's a firmware upgrade for it. Mine works great with a D-Link Wireless G router, but no look at school (same error as you).
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by dansacct View Post
    Hello all,
    I just connected up my adapter to my Treo 650 and I can't move off AP Disconnected. It recognizes my Linksys wireless-G router, but it will not move from "AP Disconnected" to "Connected". It also shows no signal strength. When I click connect, it goes up to "signing on", then says "failed to attach". I have tried pushing it down in the cradle and lifting up the release button to try to seat it better, but to no avail. You guys are great and I hope someone can help.

I'm having the exact same problem with my Linksys wirelss-G router. The adapter sees the router but it always says "AP Disconnected" and won't switch over to Connceted. I'm about to send the adapter back. They never said that it wouldn't connect to some routers. Hopefully someone can help...?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcarpio01 View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem with my Linksys wirelss-G router. The adapter sees the router but it always says "AP Disconnected" and won't switch over to Connceted. I'm about to send the adapter back. They never said that it wouldn't connect to some routers. Hopefully someone can help...?
    If you've generated WEP keys on the router using a passphrase, try putting the 64-bit or 128-bit hex keys into the Treo and not the passphrase.
    Prev Name: FrozenCode
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser View Post
    but remember that it also has its own radio - meaning that you can be on the phone AND use Wi-fi/any data application at the same time. This capability has huge implications for corporate use - imagine a doctor who's using his Treo to look up patient data via Wi-Fi connection to his electronic medical record system AND talk to the answering service AT THE SAME TIME.
    That's big.
    Now that's a busy doctor.. He deserves a 6 figure income.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I saw this device months ago.

Nice.. that there are third party devices trying to get around greedy phone carriers..

AS far as the SD goes.. the Palm Gods.. (Shadowmite..) could not get the PALM made SD (Ironic) to work without crippling the phone service part.

Sprint did a good job on preventing WI-FI on Treo's- Thus more money for upgrade service.

If Sprint only put that much $$$ and effort w/ Palm into solving Treo bugs..

We would have a competing solid device and Palms stock might have been saved...
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw