Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    I just got an Enfora WiFi Sled as a gift a bit of excitement of course about it,I had considered buying it for myself,but I am generally satisfied with my internet access.

Anyways,I thought it would be easy to set up but I am having difficulty connecting,I keep getting the following error :

Failed to open USB port,Connect or Power On the Wi-Fi adapter

I tried the suggestions within the thread,but still it doesn't seem to be working.

So far,since I haven't been able to use it,I have no real opinion ,aside from the frustration of trying to get it set up-one thing I have noticed is that the paint does seem to chip rather easily.I've had the device for about 12 hours now,but didn't really take it out to set it up until 6 hours ago,already there is some flaking on the release button.Also,not having any real indication of when the unit is fully charged is not helpful.

Not sure how much I will use it,but at least would like to try it out before I make any decisions as to whether to keep it.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by narbeauchamp; 12/26/2005 at 11:33 PM.
    Has anyone suceeded in getting the sled to work with Blazer on Verizon Wireless? I connect fine for data - I can get email for example, but the blazer browser just ignores any URL I enter. No error messages, no spinning world, no nothing. I tried using a custom proxy to no avail. Same reaction.

Any ideas on how to get this to work? Are the thirdparty browsers useful?

thanks....
    Well I've had my sled for a couple of weeks now. It's terrific. I'm getting fast connection speed and throughput. It beats Rogers speed all to hell and then some. I've been told that you have to unlock your phone in order to get the full potential from the sled, especially when web browsing with Blazer. My phone was unlocked before I ordered the sled so I'm not really certain if it's necessary.
    Well, that is wonderful! I'm very happy for you. However, since you are on Rogers with and unlocked phone, I don't see that it bears on the subject at hand. Anyone on Verizon succeeded in getting Blazer to work?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Well, that is wonderful! I'm very happy for you. However, since you are on Rogers with and unlocked phone, I don't see that it bears on the subject at hand. Anyone on Verizon succeeded in getting Blazer to work?
    It bears exactly on the subject in hand, which is people's experience of the Enfora sled.

Just because it doesn't answer your little query, or you had a bad day, is no reason to shoot him down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    It bears exactly on the subject in hand, which is people's experience of the Enfora sled.

Just because it doesn't answer your little query, or you had a bad day, is no reason to shoot him down.
    You misunderstand - I was shooting at no one. I am truly very happy for him. You are right though, my "little query" is apparently of no consequence in this forum.

I was very happy that day and not shooting anyone down, unlike you. I did wish to hear about experiences with Verizon, so I restated my request for that information. You never know when someone doesn't get the question and thinks they are answering what you are after. Or - misunderstands the sentiment and rips you up for fun. The overwhelming response to my question: one missed point and one flame; just encourages me to look elsewhere for intelligent, helpful discussion. Thanks!
    I just bought the enfora sled for my Treo 600 and it came in the mail. I'm using it right now. It's very good, I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowdog
    Has anyone suceeded in getting the sled to work with Blazer on Verizon Wireless? I connect fine for data - I can get email for example, but the blazer browser just ignores any URL I enter. No error messages, no spinning world, no nothing. I tried using a custom proxy to no avail. Same reaction.

Any ideas on how to get this to work? Are the thirdparty browsers useful?

thanks....
    I think the reason that no one has addressed your question is that they do not understand it. When using wi-fi, you are using the connection to the Internet provided by the wireless access point. Your cellular carrier, Verizon is not in the loop. That is one of the reasons for using Wi-Fi; you avoid the cell carrier and his fees. You do not have to pay for data or use minutes.

The Wi-Fi sled cannot connect to Verizon. It can only connect to a wi-fi wireless access point. Keep in mind that the range of Wi-Fi is tens of meters. Are you near one?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I'm going to Orlando next week for 3 days and am thinking of getting a sled for my Unlocked GSM 650 because I travel frequently between Trinidad and the US. In Trinidad I have an unlimited data plan but in the US I use a TMoToGo prepaid SIM. I can browse websites using the appropriate proxy setup (i.e. only east coast but not west coast) but can't use any other online program but Blazer. Here's my question:

Can I download Enfora's WiFi manager, pre-install it and when I get to Orlando buy the sled at a CompUSA and slap it in "Plug'n'Play" style?
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    You misunderstand - I was shooting at no one. I am truly very happy for him.
    My apologies. I took your happiness for him to be sarcasm.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I need everyones help here please Im going crazy!!!

I recently broke down and got the enfora wifi sled for my 650
    I tried it the first day in class and it worked, got an IP and got on-line whoo hoo!!

Got home that same night, created a profile for my router and all i kept getting was connection pending, could not get an IP!!!
    So I set a static IP, it established a connection and it connected....but my joy was short lived because I could not browse anything!!!!

Next day I took my router to work with me and reset it to default hooked it up to my network and I still could not get an IP. so again I set one manually, this worked I was online and browsing the internet.

That night I took my router back home left the router at default set a static ip and could not browse the internet WTF??

I know my router works cuz I have a wifi adaptop and I can get DHCP and browse the internet on it.

I have the latest firmware on the enfora, flashed it the minute i got it.

Im at day 5 now and I have no idea why this thing will not:

A: get an IP from DHCP
    B: get online even if i put a static ip

Can anyone help please.........
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    bump!!!!

can anyone help???
    Perhaps removing the software on the Treo and then reinstalling it? The last resort would be a hard reset and reinstall.

If these don't work, it's probably a hardware problem and you will have to get an exchange. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I did all that!!!
    Weird thing is I can get an Ip from my schools wifi....weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by aciampoli
    I did all that!!!
    Weird thing is I can get an Ip from my schools wifi....weird.
    Sled users, would anyone care to beta test our new app and give out few comments on it. Treo600 users are preferred. We have already tested the app on 650 sled.

At this point, I cannot reveal a lot about the app as it is being worked out but my screenname would say a lot about what I am talking. We are currently looking for 20 very active users who use phone almost every minute.

Interested parties, please PM me.

Thank you.
    I read this entire thread, but I still can't figure out the answer to this; Can I use the Enfora wifi sled with my Sprint treo 650 if I travel to Europe? I have an external (Opera) browser so that I do not have to use the built in Blazer, which I know does not work. In other words, do I need to access the local phone network (which isnít possible for Sprint phones in Europe) for the product to access the wifi stream and through it the internet? I know the phone has to be ON for Enfora to work but does it need to be in contact with the telephone network?
    Thanks for any illumination on this.
    Last edited by technoaddict; 01/31/2006 at 02:17 PM. Reason: more clarity
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So I finaly got my enfora to work. Turns out it was my AP.

For some reason enfora doesn't like d-link AP's so i had to go out and buy a linksys routers.

Now im happily surfing the web!!

But now I have another problem, I treid to use Mergic vpn whit my enfora and every time I try to connect to my vpn my connection to AP gets reset.

Has anyone tried this before?
    So -- I'm just wondering -- has anyone ever gotten their wifi sled to work with third party pay-per-use access points (such as T-Mobile's hotspots)?
    I am wondering whether Blazer is faster over Wi-Fi than over cellular?
    Quote Originally Posted by technoaddict
    I read this entire thread, but I still can't figure out the answer to this; Can I use the Enfora wifi sled with my Sprint treo 650 if I travel to Europe? I have an external (Opera) browser so that I do not have to use the built in Blazer, which I know does not work. In other words, do I need to access the local phone network (which isnít possible for Sprint phones in Europe) for the product to access the wifi stream and through it the internet? I know the phone has to be ON for Enfora to work but does it need to be in contact with the telephone network?
    Thanks for any illumination on this.
    To the extent that you can use it over a hot-spot here, you should be able to use it from hot-spots in Europe. My PC certainly cannot see any difference.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast