Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    One month in, and the sled is still performing well, especially with the recent firmware upgrade. Connections are more stable, although they still drop occasionally. I'm thinking this is more to do with my school's Wifi network, since when I use it at home it never drops connections. Down the road I wonder about the battery--it's going to wear out eventually, and I'm guessing there's no user replacement. But by then, I figure I'll move on to a new Treo with built-in Wifi!

I do have two questions for people--first, does anyone have recommendations for a case/belt clip solution? I have left my Treo in the sled permanently, and I almost can forget about the size and weight (it's so light when I take it out!) But I need a better carrying solution than a cloth bag.

Second, and this is more out of curiousity, how does the sled actually work? I ask this because I've been rereading the old TC threads about the heroic, but ultimately futile efforts by the great Shadowmite and others to get WiFi working on the Treo 650. Perhaps it works like Softick PPP? This is an interesting program that allows you to access a LAN through the Treo's other connection options like the USB cradle/cable, BT and IrDA. Certainly there doesn't seem to be any other software installed except WiFiMgr.

Thanks!
    Hi there new to this and need help. Like everyone else I hate paying high costs for data. Just got my sled for my 650 loaded it and can pick up wifi signal great but cant get the blazer browser to work. Tried the different proxy thing and it still dosen't work. I'm on the Bell network and when I ask the blazer to connect a message comes up to ask if I want to turn the phone on, so I think that won't work. I tried to download eudora web browser but it wont work for some reason. SO I know that there will be someone on this site that will know how to get around this problem and tell me that I did something duh,,,, stupid, and can provide me the info to make it work. I would like all the help I can get as so far had the 650 for a month and love it. Thanks in advance
    Pantry3cow
    Last edited by pantry3cow; 10/26/2005 at 06:16 PM.
    <merged>
    Try to see if previous pages could help. Seems like you need a firm update to make it work. The Blazer issue could be an carrier OS restriction.
    Quote Originally Posted by pantry3cow
    Hi there new to this and need help. Like everyone else I hate paying high costs for data. Just got my sled for my 650 loaded it and can pick up wifi signal great but cant get the blazer browser to work. Tried the different proxy thing and it still dosen't work. I'm on the Bell network and when I ask the blazer to connect a message comes up to ask if I want to turn the phone on, so I think that won't work. I tried to download eudora web browser but it wont work for some reason. SO I know that there will be someone on this site that will know how to get around this problem and tell me that I did something duh,,,, stupid, and can provide me the info to make it work. I would like all the help I can get as so far had the 650 for a month and love it. Thanks in advance
    Pantry3cow
    Try this - use an app that requires a data connection but that does NOT use the Blazer browser - for instance, grab a trial version of Handmark Express or something, use it, and see what happens. I bet you'll find, as stated above, that your carrier locks the Blazer to only use the built in data connection.
    When you say Bell network, is this the new AT&T wireless service? (i.e. not GSM) If so, I believe that it is a repackaging of Sprint's service, and Sprint does not allow you to browse the Internet on Blazer except through their data plans.

Try downloading a third party browser like Opera or Xiino and installing it. Also, see if you can access your e-mail on Versamail, to make sure the connection actually works. Reread through this thread to make sure everything is properly connected, and if you haven't download the latest software and firmware from Enfora's website.

edit: never mind, I just saw you're in Canada. Good luck with fixing your problem!
    Last edited by JoeyC; 10/26/2005 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnston21
    Got the sled delivered this AM for my Bell Mobility CDMA Treo 600 (which is being replaced under warrently re: battery issue). All seems ok. Can surf using Mobile Web (or Web Pro which I prefer). But, when using Mail to send/receive messages, the Palm "Mail" App is using my carrier's 1x service (even when both Primary and Fallback are set to the Enfora). I've emailed Enfora Support at: WiFi@Enfora.com

Edit:
    Bell Mobility has confirmed that their Treo 600 is programmed so that Palm's Mail client v1.02a will only use their carrier's 1x data service. (The Data Centre girl wasn't friendly, oh well).

I've since purchased Chatter Email, and it works flawlessly for me with the sled. (Thanks Marc!), too bad I only have a POP3 account re: all of Chatter's features that I'm not taking advantage of.

Enfora got back to me and were happy to receive my details (& said they would post in their FAQs, cool).

I used the fully charged sled throughout today, setting up Chatter, surfing, and such. The battery lasted & was at the 2'nd lowest bar when I finished using it. The unit was warm, but not over-heating, and it's now cooler while charging in turned-off mode.
    Johnston21 would you be as kind to email me pantry3cow@yahoo.com as I just got a sled for my 650 and am having problems I'm with bell also in ontario and need to talk to someone whos been through this. I have a toll free # you could call if your willing
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyr
    Complete and utter disapointment...

IT DOESN'T WORK WITH SPRINT Ok well yea I can check my e-mail thru Wi-Fi & Sync with it but Sprint (those mean people!) won't let me connect to the net with it so what's the freakin point? Something about how Sprint forces a data connection to their service prevents it from working... Ok darn you sprint, I already pay your $10 a month data service just let me freakin get on WiFi, you mean people...

Rejoice if you have a different carrier tho, cuz yours will work. As far as the quality of the product, well, I'd say it's marginal. Had a few bugs trying to get it to work properly. The actual sled isn't nearly as big as the picutres on treocentral.com. It's somewhat wearable for daily use... somewhat as in Zach Morris style As far as it charging my Treo from the sled, I've yet to see it do that... altho plugging it into the AC adapter will charge both the sled & the Treo.

As far as documentation goes, don't expect much. There are a few guides on their website to help you set-up things, but you have to find them yourself b/c the PDF included on the CD doesn't tell u much of anything except how to get it started.

I'll probably still keep it tho, just in case they figure out a way to penetrate Sprint's mysterious force field. I'm sure if I had Veizon or something I'd be having to change my pants from the excitement... so if you DON'T have Sprint I'd say this is a must-have... if you do, well, wait til they support web browsing before you buy... unless you just have to check your email at WiFi speeds.

Edited for language...

If you use a proxy in blazer you can get around it. You also have the option of a 3 party browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If this is the case...it doesnt make much sense to go for the sled. IF the sled allowed you to surf at evdo speeds...then I might bite. And based on the Sprint restriction, I am not banking on the next treo having wifi (as much as I want it to.)
    The announcement with verizon, microsoft and palm already stated the treo 700w would NOT have WiFi in it.
    Just wanted to say thanks to all here! I got the sled to work on a 650 with bell mobilty. I had to load xiino browser as it was the only free one I could find that would work with my 650. I changed the network in the preferences area of palm to enforas and changed the conection to wifi in the connection area of the palm preferences. It now works fine, the browser is quick and I feel that the $265 can.$ I spent will pay for itself in approx 1 month. I would be willing to help others with the set up if they need it. One thing I do notice is a slowdown of the phone on startup when I restart the phone and hope this won't create problems. Some questions I do have is now how do I get the browser to download Yahoo maps. Or are there other programs (free) that have the maps. and is there a chat program, again free, that is the same as msn messenger or simular, so that I can chat with my kids and friends,
    Again thanks to all here and the people at treo central. for their fast delivery and assistance
    Pantry3cow
    Last edited by pantry3cow; 10/29/2005 at 01:39 PM.
    No problem, pantry3cow, we are here to help.
    Will this work with both Treo 600 and 650?

Ie....I'd like to get it now. Have a 600. BUt I don't want to buy a new one when I upgrade.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    it works with a 650 NP and above they say the 600 works I suggest you call treo central or check enforas site to see if the same will work on both with just different software. I had some trouble but found the site to be very helpfull
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Can egrips still be applied to the replacement battery cover, or will the extra thickness mean that the sled can't then be attached?
    egrips could cause a problem yes . The sled was a tight fit so I think not The only way for sure would be to try them
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    . . . . or would the answer be to leave the Enfora battery cover attached to the sled permanently and just remove the original (egripped) one when you wanted WiFi?

Would that work (I haven't seen the sled yet)?
    Will the Enfora connect to a D-Link (DI-624) AirPlus Xtreme G Wireless Router?
    The Enfora is B only, so you'll need to enabled the mixed B/G network. This will affect your G speeds, however.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    a good case is the cell case for the kyocera ... 600 series and it is available at

info@ebcases.com
    i am still struggling to make mine work on the verizon 650

wally
    After much searching, I've also found a suitable case for a Treo-sled combination:

Targus PDA Universal Slip Case

It's a bit of a smug fit, and there's not much room for accessories, but it's very inexpensive and looks pretty nice.
    Well, I just received my Enfora WiFi Sled today from the Palm store. What a fantastic device, to say the least. Easy to setup and configure. It's speed blows away my service provider (Rogers Wireless) when browsing the internet through Blazer. My email come through lightening fast as well. I'm glad I unlocked the phone. I tried using two different network providers without having any problems with the sled.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast