Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    and yes, I conducted a live conversation on the phone part, WHILE surfing along at 802.11 speeds. Rockin!
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    and yes, I conducted a live conversation on the phone part, WHILE surfing along at 802.11 speeds. Rockin!
    That is a compelling feature and a great selling point for most heavy internet surfers.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Has anybody tried MobiTV? or Shoutcast with the sled?

Al
    The sled could be a good option for those Aussie's out there paying through the nose for GPRS use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyr
    Yes this is true, you can recieve calls whenever you're surfing the net or checking emails via WiFi. Since Verichat isn't free and I don't have access to it I cannot test to see if it works or not, however I did try Xiino (which btw rocks, thanks for turning me onto it) and it works flawlessly, no proxy necessary. Blazer seems to be the only one requiring a proxy.

Thanks, it good to know that xiino works..

Also, I wish Enfora would have added some additonal functionality to the sled like an extra SD card slot or GPS receiver or something. I'm just very wary of attaching such a hulking accessory to the Treo without a multiplicity of added features...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Anyone have some speed tests? Reading through this thread, there seems to be only one person reporting speed and they're using a proxy.

I really wish the disclaimer would say * limited by throughput of Palm connector, which is...
    I'll have the full review tomorrow, but a 200K file from www.broadbandreports.com/mspeed took gave me 198 kbit/sec, 0.477s latency at 8.551s d/l time.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Enfora is posting firmware 3.03, & Adapter Manager 3.18. Are either of these newer than what's included?

Ordered mine this AM from TC...
    The full review is now online.
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Great Review, thanks!

I'll add my (Canadian) 2 cents next week when the sled for my CDMA Treo 600 arrives.
    I received a new Enfora Sled for the T650 from TreoCentral yesterday. After charging it for three hours, installing the Wi-Fi Manager on my unlocked GSM T650. Attaching the sled, turning it on and opening the Wi-Fi manager all I get is the following error message.

"Failed to open USB port,
    Connect or Power On
    the Wi-Fi Adapter"

Repeated calls to TreoCentral's store and Enfora has produced no responces. I hate to say it but seems they are either clueless or don't give a darn.
    What lights are showing on the sled? It is amber when first powered on. Also make sure the Treo is firmly secured. You can test this by plugging in the AC adapter while the Treo is in the sled. The Treo will charge as well.
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Is anyone using the work-around with sprint on this?
    Pilotreo1
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I just got the Wifi sled. Downloaded the latest driver and also the updater. My treo is firmly attached to the sled. I clicked on the upgrade button in the upgrade app. It tells me "detecting wifi adapter" for a long time without moving to the next steps. What am I doing wrong?
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I also get the same error message as Deputy...."Failed to open USB port,
    Connect or Power On the Wi-Fi Adapter" My Treo is firmly attached to the sled. It is even a pain just to remove it.
    The Doctor is IN!
    It's fully charged right? Try resetting the Treo and see if that helps.
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I believe it is fully charged since the light is solid amber when I turn it on. I have charged it for 3 hours. I did a soft reset of my treo. Still, getting the same error message.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Summary: The Enfro Sled may be a victim of a couple of bad design choices.

A person got back to me from Enfro who basicly suggested that I gently push on the sleds connecting pins to see if they would spring freely and to exercise them. The issue being that they might not be making good contact (being spring loaded). I did as I was told and then reconnected the sled to the T650 and lo and behold my error message disappeared and I was able to connect to the web via my Linksys wireless router. Hurrah we can travel!!

Don't rejoice yet! I surfed for about 20 minutes - didn't even get a chance to access my email and noticed that the unit was getting quite warm (I would actually say hot but I don't want to over state the case) so I disconnected from the web and went and downloaded the firmware update files on my Mac and transfered them to the T650 with a hot sync. I then re-attached the Enfro (now cool) and it will not even turn on. I have had it on the charger for over an hour and it still won't turn on.

What may (or may not) be more troubling is that in the 24 hours that I have had it the silver paint on the power button is coming off in large (well large relative to the size of the switch) flakes, some of which have doubtlessly fallen inside of the switch housing. What engineer selected a silver coating (technically possibly not a paint) that would not survive 24 hours? How conductive is this coating? Why not leave the button the natural grey/ivory of the plastic? Why wasn't the color mold it in? Is the flaking related to the units seeming failure?

Let you know when I find out.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Oh no, now, even when I push the power button, the sled is unresponsive (i.e. no amber lights, nothing). The sled feels very warm. I have disconnected it from the Treo since it never worked in the first place. The button still doesn't turn the unit LED on...this is a VERY defective and flimsy sled.
    Last edited by DocGo; 09/09/2005 at 06:16 PM.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Is the Sled available in any West LA or Pembroke Pines FL stores?
    I'll be making a business trip next week and wondering if I'll be able to download and pre-install the drivers and software so if I decide to purchase I can just "Plug 'n' Play" (No MS pun intended).
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast