Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Try a Control-Alt-Delete and see if Outlook.exe is actually running. I get an error like this if Outlook is on in the background, and open on another outlook account other than mine.

    That just fixed the problem for me! I ended the Outlook.exe process, and hotsynced....and my calendar finally synced up (again) with my Treo. Thanks!!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    okay, my sprint t650 has stopped syncing with outlook- however, I have already used dbscan (correctly!) and my log does not show any errors or failures.

    Info from treo calendar syncs to laptop but info from laptop contacts does not xfer to treo???

    OK Quick Install
    OK Adobe Reader
    OK VersaMail
    OK Media
    OK Documents To Go
    Outlook Calendar
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Calendar
    Outlook Contacts
    - Desktop overwrite HH Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Tasks
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Restore

    is it because I am fast syncing? should I slow it down? is that possible? help!
    Did you get a resolution to this, tedcousens?
  3. TRgEOff's Avatar
    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    #23  
    I had this problem too (just for Calendar), after a series of hard resets and restores using Backupman (part of ROM customisation)

    From some trial and error experimentation I was able to identify that the calendar data file on the handheld side had become corrupted (CalendarDB-PDat).

    I had been making multiple backups using BUM, so I just kept bactracking through those, and restoring this individual file to the treo until I got to before the time when the file had been corrupted (as tested by then hotsyncing with conduit set to Handheld overwrites PC).

    after this, no problems. The poster above who solved the problem by first overwriting the Palm with PC file was obviously doing the same thing.

    cheers
    geoff

    Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  4. #24  
    Only took three months to resolve my problem.

    Initial problem is that Outlook Calendar synchronization failed. Here is a copy of the log entries indicating failure:

    OK Quick Install
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:05-0013
    OLERR:05-000F
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:05-001D
    OLERR:0D-0048
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

    OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts


    Turns out I had a corrupt database on my palm phone (Treo 700p). I loaded an applicaton that fixed my database called dBScan v2.0b. You can find this program at this link http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-748.html?dbScan or at http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm.

    I would select my current database. It then reports the number of records found. The first several times I tried to "Start Scan" it caused my Treo to reset. But it was also reporting that I had 7 Deleted records found. So I chose the option to "Remove all deleted records" and after that it would run fine. It also found that several records that had "Repeat On field in some repeat events not Null" but it said that was OK and typically was caused by some "third-party" apps.

    So the only thing that I did was to use dBScan to remove the 7 deleted records, and then tried the HotSync and now it works!
  5. #25  
    Excellent! Put me in the group of killing the outlook.exe process fixed my calendar sync.

    Thanks
  6. #26  
    Originally Posted by metric
    I found this information provided by palm and it has solved my issues:

    The Verizon version of the Treo 650 smartphone includes a Wireless Sync application. Other versions of Treo 650, and other Palm devices, do not have this.

    Even if you do not use Wireless Sync, its settings may be causing the OLERR message. Here's how to change your settings to work more amicably with Outlook:

    On your Verizon Treo 650, launch the Wireless Sync application.
    Press Menu .
    From the Setup menu, select Connection Settings.
    Select Advanced.
    Add a checkmark to the box for "Enable Other Sync Apps."
    Select OK,


    I want you to know that I spent half the day yesterday on the phone with Verizon Wireless, AND Palm tech support for this prob with my Treo 700p that started after I had to do a hard reset. NONE of them knew this simple fix, even when I myself suggested to them whether it was possible the wireless sync settings were interfering! The Palm rep almost had me deleting and remapping my entire outlook database before I told her I'd call back if I needed to. THANK YOU!!!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    This is a good post:

    On your Verizon Treo 650, launch the Wireless Sync application.
    Press Menu .
    From the Setup menu, select Connection Settings.
    Select Advanced.
    Add a checkmark to the box for "Enable Other Sync Apps."
    Select OK,


    Apply this same concept to the 700P and it solved my problems....
    Thank you, Alfisti, for this post. Such a simple fix. I had been trouble shooting this for hours, and was about to begin moving db files in Outlook when I found this. Thank goodness it worked. What's weird is, I had been successfully syncing my 755p for over a year when the OLERR errors started. I have no idea why the Wirelesssync option would have become unchecked after all this time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions