1.    #1  
    I setup my Gmail account with Versamail which worked fine for awhile, and then suddenly just stopped auto-syncing. I have messages, I've checked the auto-sync settings, but it just won't do it on its own.

If I click Get, it downloads all the message, but it is no longer sync'ing on its own! Very frustrating!

Anyone have this problem?
    I may be totally wrong with this or else I'm not understanding your problem but it is my understanding that Versamail gets messages one of two ways. 1. being that it syncs with your desktop to download them when you do a hot sync and 2. when you hit "get" it goes out on the net and retrieves them.

Are you referring to having a schedule set up to automatically check for mail?
    I am having the exact same problem. In fact, I joined this forum just to get a resolution to the problem. I set Gmail up on my Treo 650. I scheduled the auto-sync to run everyday. It worked for about a week, automatically downloading messages every hour. Then all of the sudden it stopped auto-syncing. Now the only way I can get my Gmail is by manually clicking Get Now. It would be great if someone had a solution to this.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    After using Versamail for about a week I ran into a similar issue but mine would also soft reset. I discovered if I just hold down the mail button while in the account I want to check it will run the “get mail”. This is so easy that I never bothered with fixing scheduled get.
    Ok, I am having this same problem as well. I have to accounts set-up in Versamail. One is my work email setup as a POP acount and the other is my Gmail. It seems that the Gmail account is the commonality with these other posts.

Has anyone had this happen and fixed it?

I am not receieving any alerts (no astrick pops up ever) and neither of my emails accounts are auto syncing, although I can hit "Get" to receieve my new emails.......very strange....
    When I was using VersaMail with my AOL account, I was never able to get it to automatically retrieve emails at a prescribed time. I blame VersaMail for this...simply doesn't work.
    I've found two issues:
    1. Gmail - POP access is really only effective is you use 1 email client. Their implementation of POP seems to save the last time a POP client accessed the account... So, the outcome will be that two separate POP clients will not have the same emails. For example, if you get all of your emails with Outlook (and leave them on the server / in the Inbox), then, try with Versamail, you will not get any emails with Versamail.

2. AOL/IMAP - Example Problem: If I have 15 emails in my IMAP mailbox, and then set up a new account in Versamail, it will only get the last 9 emails. I'v found that when there's a mismatch of info between the Inboxes, I get the infamous "Timeout reading body" error. This is only remedied if Versamail syncs before the IMAP mailbox reaches >9 new emails....or, if I delete any "extra" emails on the server with another IMAP client.

I gave up on gmail, and gave up on using Versamail with AOL/IMAP.

Versamail = Piece o' crap.
    I just got a new treo 755p on sprint and experienced the same problem as the original poster - Versamail's auto-synch feature would not deliver e-mail or report a failure even though I turned the notification on. I've played around with it for about a day and think I may have a solution.

Here's my setup:
    Work e-mail account using POP
    SSL on both incoming and outgoing servers
    Outlook on PC set to leave mail on server for 30 days

This always worked for me using my old treo 600 using the built-in mail app. Today, Versamail on the 755p works perfectly if I manually send/receive mail. Its just the auto-sync never retrieves mail or reports any failures.

I was able to confirm that Versamail was doing something because I'd see Outlook give the "ERR mailbox is busy" message when I'd try to get mail on my PC at the same time Versamail was supposed to be auto-syncing.

I was finally able to get Versamail to auto-sync when I deleted a bunch of mail off of the server. Instead of leaving 30 days worth of email (roughly 500 emails & 40MB), I changed Outlook to only leave 7 days worth of email on the server and deleted a few larger emails (>1MB). Now Versamail has been successfully auto-syncing all afternoon. Hope this helps.

Also, I'd be curious to know if anyone else can confirm that this is a problem with Versamail. Is there a certain amount of email volume that causes this process to fail? Is it dependent on quantity or size of emails? Or both?
    I have the exact same problem with versamail on my 650......I really think its the program and not something on gmail's end. If you got google's website it doesn't even list how to configure versamail. Snappermail is on the list though.
    take a look at the gmail thread - the last page. I've had that exact problem. You need to change the gmail setup in versamail from username@gmail.com to recent:username@gmail.com.

This completely fixed all the issues I was having with gmail - since I was accessing it via the treo gmail app and via the web, it wouldn't pull any messages down when I accessed with versamail.
    take a look at the gmail thread - the last page. I've had that exact problem. You need to change the gmail setup in versamail from username@gmail.com to recent:username@gmail.com.

This completely fixed all the issues I was having with gmail - since I was accessing it via the treo gmail app and via the web, it wouldn't pull any messages down when I accessed with versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtjim View Post
    I was finally able to get Versamail to auto-sync when I deleted a bunch of mail off of the server. Instead of leaving 30 days worth of email (roughly 500 emails & 40MB), I changed Outlook to only leave 7 days worth of email on the server and deleted a few larger emails (>1MB). Now Versamail has been successfully auto-syncing all afternoon. Hope this helps.

Also, I'd be curious to know if anyone else can confirm that this is a problem with Versamail. Is there a certain amount of email volume that causes this process to fail? Is it dependent on quantity or size of emails? Or both?
    I have had a similar problem with my Auto-Sync suddenly not working after over a year of successful Auto-Syncing. I tried deleting emails off the server and my problem seems to have been resolved.
    I have a problem like this in that VM reports "invalid credentials" on auto sync only. This also occurrs with my EAS account.

Changing username to XXX@gmail.com does nothing. Deleting most of the mail on the account does nothing. Have tried everything under the sun. It just simply doesnt work with my gmail account (IMAP and POP).