1.    #1  
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a new (3 weeks) Cingular 650 with the latest firmware from the factory. Have installed a number of apps on it.

Started getting an error today when shutting down the phone radio.

"ERROR: Please check to see if your SIM card is damaged or missing, (0x0074)"

I've also noticed that when turning on the phone now it immediately goes through a signing on to GPRS. Did not recall it doing that before.

When I try to open the SIM Services app, it gives me a "Unable to open SIM Services Menu"

HOWEVER, the phone and data still seem to work fine.

Yesterday, I installed MINUTESPLUS. Not sure if it was a conincidence, but this all started after that. I have uninstalled using "Uninstall", but the above still persists.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

D. Tom
    (Ex Tungsten C, Palm V, Palm IIIx user)
    Mine does it as well and is caused by Chatter. It is just a bug with the palm software and doesn't cause any problems.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks RandyGOP.

After I posted I messed around with my phone some more and found that after deleting Chatter. Thanks for the confirmation though.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DTom
    Thanks RandyGOP.

After I posted I messed around with my phone some more and found that after deleting Chatter. Thanks for the confirmation though.
    Marc indicated in a previous thread that this is a harmless error.
    Also, you can prevent this error by shutting down Chatter before the phone.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C