Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, there.

ChatterEmail 1.1 is moving toward release, which I expect sometime over the next week or two. Significant new features include:

* SD card support (IMAP and POP3); messages can be stored DIRECTLY onto the SD card, without need for archiving. Current beta versions are VERY stable with this feature; to this time, there hasn't been a single report of lost messages on SD card.

* HTML formatting; a new, cleaner look for message viewing, including the ability to view HTML messages in their original format WITHOUT need to leave the application (i.e. native support). There is also support for small/large fonts (and a combination) and searching for text within messages. (Some very long messages and messages with images can be viewed in Blazer if desired)

* Lots of other bug fixes, improvements, and options.

In addition, the price for ChatterEmail will be going up to a one-time charge of $39 (from $32) and the price of MatrixSSL will be going up to $12 (from $10).

For those wanting to try ChatterEmail, the Beta version is quite stable and might be your best bet at this point (no guarantees, of course). Please review the information at www.chatteremail.com, including a feature comparison matrix.

Beta folks might wish to post their experiences in this thread.

Marc
    Will there a charge to upgrade to this version if you already own chatter? If so, How much will it be?
    Hi Marc,

So will the new upgrade be free for those like myself who recently purchased Chatter, or will there be a fee for the new version?

Thanks, CC.
    There will be no upgrade charge.

Marc...these betas have been amazing. I wish to thank you personall for your tireless efforts.

Anyone hesitating should go for it and purchase this. The SD card support has been amazing since the first beta. I have 6 months of emails on my card. There is no wierd 3 AM sync like snapper has. There is no wondering if it will work...it just does.

thanks again and keep up the AMAZING work. This is without a doubt the best app for the treo.
    Woohoo!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    There are NEVER charges for upgrades. EVER.

I do, however, reserve the right to charge for entirely new functionality that is sold as a "plug-in" (for example, MatrixSSL provides a capability unavailable in Palm's version of SSL support; future OWA support would also fall into this category).

Marc
    Well, that's of course good to hear, but I installed Beta Chatteremail a couple days ago and 5 minutes ago saw my Palm reset when it automatically received an email just sitting there.

With Qualcomm Eudora Internet Suite, admittedly a much simpler product, I never
    had a single reset in a year of using its email program.
    that's why it's a beta version
  9.    #9  
    smcracraft -

Without some more information (a log would help; it's possible the error code from the Phone app would help as well, although the information there is usually irrelevant), there's no way to know whether Chatter had anything to do with the reset. People with THE most stable of apps report reset issues on the Treo 650.

So...

1) What is the error code in the Phone app? (##377<dial> for Sprint, #*377<dial> for Cingular/TMO, #*#377<dial> for Verison)
    2) What other apps are you running?
    3) Can you make me a log that captures a reset (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com)?

Also, this might best be moved to my forum here at TC.

Marc
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    There will be no upgrade charge.

Marc...these betas have been amazing. I wish to thank you personall for your tireless efforts.

Anyone hesitating should go for it and purchase this. The SD card support has been amazing since the first beta. I have 6 months of emails on my card. There is no wierd 3 AM sync like snapper has. There is no wondering if it will work...it just does.

thanks again and keep up the AMAZING work. This is without a doubt the best app for the treo.
    WELL SAID!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I've been using the beta versions of chatter for some time now, and I must say that both the asthetics and the features of chatter keep moving forward by leaps and bounds (SD card storage and HTML formatting). The latest chatter betas (I'm currently on 1.0.7b39) have been a marked improvement over a product that was excellent to begin with (Marc's support has also been a constant).
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I upgraded my stable 1.0.6.4 version for Beta 1.7b44 version and have not had reset during that time. In fact I have not had reset since I installed version 1.12 Custom ROM for any application and that about the same time I dumped Snapper for Chatter 1.0.6.4. My phone is on the charge good part of the day so I can not talk to the battery drain problems. Currently I have version 1.1.b1 version installed with all of my messages (about 500 from four mail boxes) stored on a SD card and I still have 12.1MB memory free. The one annoyance was when going to the Browser and some HTML messages were improperly formatted in Blazer, but, that also is now fixed. Great job Marc!
    I think I'll try Chater 1.0 for the free 30-day trial, then register it ($32) soon after (if it works well on my T650 without any problems.) Can't wait till 1.1 is finalized!

//Fastmail
    In the meantme, how easy/difficult is it to set up this third-party/behind the scenes "Fastmail" account I've been hearing about...is it really necessary--or even a must have--to make Chatter work? How quick is it to register with Fastmail?

//Chatter memory: Looked, but couldn't find anywhere: how many kb does it take up on a Palm/Treo?

###
    Hey Marc, your app ChatterMail has been mention in Sept. Issue of Mobile Mag. They do a page on hidden secrets of the Treo 650 & states Chatter is a must app! Congrats on this great app!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    KevMeister:" //Fastmail
    In the meantme, how easy/difficult is it to set up this third-party/behind the scenes "Fastmail" account I've been hearing about...is it really necessary--or even a must have--to make Chatter work? How quick is it to register with Fastmail?"

Fastmail is very easy to set up. Register an account (they give you plenty of domain names to choose from. Fastmail supports the IDLE command but the free version limits your bandwidth and storage so log on with PC and check it every once in a while.

" //Chatter memory: Looked, but couldn't find anywhere: how many kb does it take up on a Palm/Treo?"

For me, it is about 500k without all the email messages. I think there is 3 different prc files that you will need. The other files get created when you install and set it up.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I have 500 messages in four mail boxes with all saved to SD card. I have version 1.1b2 Installed. I used FileZ and adding all the Chatter pieces I came up with 766k.
    Who here is using Chatter with Gmail? Please PM message me, as I'm having problems getting my account set up sending e-mails (using the stable 1.0 release/30 day trial for now). Note: I hope to transition from Snapper to Chatter.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Who here is using Chatter with Gmail? Please PM message me, as I'm having problems getting my account set up sending e-mails (using the stable 1.0 release/30 day trial for now). Note: I hope to transition from Snapper to Chatter.
    Try this.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    My experience with Version 1.1b3 has been fine. Setup with one IMAP account (Fastlook) and one POP account (Yahoo) using SMS pull and using Cingular. No resets. Nice product!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    definitely looking forward to 1.1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast