Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    There are NEVER charges for upgrades. EVER.

I do, however, reserve the right to charge for entirely new functionality that is sold as a "plug-in" (for example, MatrixSSL provides a capability unavailable in Palm's version of SSL support; future OWA support would also fall into this category).

Marc
    Marc,

I am REALLy interested in the OWA support. Any idea when that might be available? I am a registered Chatter user but had to stop since my company does not like the whole re-direct thing.
  2.    #22  
    First, I have to get 1.1 out the door. Also, the OWA implementation will come in stages. So a first pass might, say, not do push or attachments. And then, maybe push. And then, attachments. (Just examples) So it's hard to pick a single date...

Marc
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ Wow, that's great!

Whithout a doubt, when Chatter has OWA support it will become an even greater contender in the corporate mobile email market.

Keep up the good work Marc!
    Why is it better then snapper?? I'm happy with sm... looking for reasoning!!!

just looking at chatter web site comparison ... see some features that look good. ...I have received free upgrade from snapper for the past two years!!!! first on a treo 300 two months after it came out. maybe three years. One time I had a upgrade price for premier.

chatter looks good,,, interested once past beta. anyone have snapper and converting to chatter for noncorporate and corporate usage.

competition is great
    Last edited by pw7fam; 09/07/2005 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pw7fam
    Why is it better then snapper?? I'm happy with sm... looking for reasonings!!!
    From an application viewpoint, it offers true push email.

From a Customer Service viewpoint, Marc (though I've really never needed his help) is the most hands on, helpful developer I've seen. Questions posted here are answered very quickly. Put the two together and you have an unbeatable combination
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    First, I have to get 1.1 out the door. Also, the OWA implementation will come in stages. So a first pass might, say, not do push or attachments. And then, maybe push. And then, attachments. (Just examples) So it's hard to pick a single date...

Marc
    Marc,
    When do you expect 1.1 out?
  7.    #27  
    Maybe a week to ten days; the beta's pretty darned stable.

Marc
    Maybe a week to ten days; the beta's pretty darned stable.

Marc

hey marc, i notice you are in oregon. Mind if i ask where? if you ever need help beta testing and need a phone in person, id be down to help out.
    will 1.1 handle some of the battery drain issues in earlier betas?

Thanks,

Greg
    Try checking "Efficient Sync". It really reduced my batt drain.
  11.    #31  
    takmdsm - Central Oregon...

siriusbliss - What DTom said (especially if you're using Sprint or Verizon)

Marc
    well im hoping that means bend and not klamath falls (where im from). Im in portland now.

I cant wait for this release, 1.0 works so good, cant wait to see the changes.
    Marc,

The parentheses around Efficient Sync indicate that it's slower. How does this help CDMA users with battery drain? I would think that means it would stay connected longer.

What am i missing?
  14.    #34  
    Efficient Sync works with online (pushed) mail, so Chatter is ALWAYS connected when you're using this. The feature postpones certain communications between the client and the server, which serves to improve battery life.

Marc
    Guest (free)
    Member (14.95)
    Full (19.95)
    Enhanced (39.95/yr)

This link says free,
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94243

and I want to go that route, but don't want to screw myself down the line in case I get any big attachments later and would potentially eat up the 40 MB bw/month. (What does "bw" mean?)

If most people use free, I'll do that then. JUst wanna get a general consensus. I figure since most of us will be doing real time reading/editing/deleting storing (to SD) of e-mail messages, I figure the free account should be fine, but just wanna be sure!
    ###
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    You might want to try out the free account just to see how much bw (bandwidth) you will use. I am using the Member version, it is just $14.95 one-time fee. I needed more space than the Guest/free version but not enough to pay a yearly fee.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
  17.    #37  
    Kev - BW = bandwidth (i.e. data transferred). It's quite possible the 40MB is too little, depending on how much mail you get. You also don't get SMTP access with the free account. Overall, I suspect the $14.95 one-time plan would be a better place to start. The biggest advantage of the yearly plans is spam-blocking...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    If most people use free, I'll do that then. JUst wanna get a general consensus. I figure since most of us will be doing real time reading/editing/deleting storing (to SD) of e-mail messages, I figure the free account should be fine, but just wanna be sure!
    ###
    I do the free route. Most emails (without the attachments) take up very little. I only have a problem when I have lots of emails with picture attachments. In that case, they are sent to my gmail account anyway, so I quickly delete them from my fastmail imap account. If I need them, I always have them on gmail (nice to be able to search through for them too).

I suspect most users will be using the free service (and using Gmail's SMTP server to send mail and attachments.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Is there any plan to allow chatter to work with ActiveSync and have push capability?..or is this basically the same as what the OWA will provide?

I don't have IMAP or Pop. My company is on Exchange Server 2003 and through versamail I would connect using activesync settings and an external ip address for the server..but ofcourse versamail is the pitts. Currently using good link, which has memory issues.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    One problem I noticed with the current beta is with saving a message in Draft. I lose the text in the msg body when I reopen it, and the attachments start having errors.

Side question: is there a limit on the attachments that can be sent? Will the 32k bit limit on email msgs be raised with the new version (can't remember if it is a beta limit or a limit in the stable also).

I'm sending this with my Treo (first post this way) from down here on a medical assignment in Biloxi, so I don't have the laptop and user manual files with me.
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast