1.    #1  
    I have a 650, and it worked with ZoneAlarm 5.x, although it sometimes crashed on me, and I had to restart ZA to get it going again. Well, it didn't work at ALL with Version 6.x, the new security suite. I emailed JuneFabrics, and they told me that ZA prevents their software from doing anything, and suggested I downgrade to ZA 5.x to get around the problem.

I emailed ZA, and they gave me the following workaround:

Thank you for contacting Zone Labs Technical Support.

I understand that you have difficulties with PDAnet connection software.
    You need to be sure you give this software Super Trust level.

Something is being denied access that needs access for the Internet or
    email to work. Please follow the steps below to resolve your issue. In
    addition to the steps below please be sure to give Generic Host
    processes
    access in the Internet Zone and Server rights in the Trusted Zone.

1.) Close your Internet applications.
    2.) Open Zone Alarm
    3.) Click the Program Control Panel.
    4.) Click the Programs Tab.
    5.) [My words here] Scroll to pdanet.exe. On pdanet.exe's row, right
    click on the Trust Level Column and select SUPER. Then make all of the
    Access and Server Items Green Checkmarks. [End my words]
    6.) Reboot your computer.
    7.) Reopen your Internet Applications and grant access to all items that

Let me know if it works for you guys!
    Thanks for the info but item 7 did not finish
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, should've deleted that one, I think.
    Ricochet, thanks for posting this. I too was having problems with zonealarm 5 and pdanet. Hopefully this will be a pretty easy solution to implement.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Has it worked for anyone? I am getting the following error:
    Dialup failed, error=797 (state=0)!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Figured out the problem, but unsure of the solution. PDAnet Modem was installed on commport 7. Previously, it was on commport 9. PDANet is looking for the modem on commport 9. How do I change PDAnet modem to commport 9?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Went into regedit and fixed the comm port and it is now 9. Still getting the same error though. Any ideas, anyone?
    Last edited by delao13; 09/02/2005 at 01:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    Went into regedit and fixed the comm port and it is now 9. Still getting the same error though. Any ideas, anyone?
    I'm unsure if your problems are due in particular to zonealarm. The problems that were outlined in the first post (and that I had as well) are something quite different. Basically, using pdanet and zonealarm (I had zonealarm pro) would cause the computer/laptop to freeze or crash etc. This seems quite different from the issues you are experiencing.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I have Zonealarm Pro 6 also. PDANet worked great until I upgraded Zonealarm. I applied the tips suggested by Zonealarm but then started getting this error. Totally stumped.

PDANet is working for you now with Zonealarm 6?
  10.    #10  
    I finally got around to trying Zone Lab's fix, and it's not working for me. I'm going to contact them again and see what they say. Sorry for the delay..
    I think the latest version of ZoneAlarm has caused a LOT of problems. It was conflicting with an app I use called RTVReco (www.rtvsoft.com) which automatically pushes buttons for me. I emailed them several times, but what I think finally helped was to put the Program Control to Low (under Program Control's Main tab). Maybe this would work with PDANet as well.......