Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hello to all
    Im a new treo 650 user and brand new to this forum. I have been trying to update my cingular 650 with this updater posted on the palm site because it was recomended by the cingular data support rep. Problem is after I do the hard reset I check on the phone info and look to see I have 22mb free in the phone, update is only 15mb, when I try to sync it to install it, the phone tells me there is not enough memory for this operation. palm rep walked me through it with the same result untill she finally recomended to try it on a diff computer because she tougth the problem was with my computer. tried to do it on my laptop and got the same result. I have been able to install other apps on the treo (ringpro) with no problems. Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated.
    I had a similar problem when I installed the updater. I tried over and over again my battery was running low (phone and laptop) so I plugged both of them in and the next attempt worked just fine.
    Did you do a hard reset before attempting the install? Did you use a new hotsync username?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    yes and yes, several times
    Do you have any 3rd party conduits that might be transferring data to your Treo even with a new hotsync username? Make sure these are off (via hotsync manager "custom" menu) and try again.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."