1.    #1  
    Long-shot of when the new Treos (or even a Windows Based) is available...

If Chatter doesn't work with a Windows-Based Treo...I don't think I will buy a new Treo. I am too spoiled by pushed email.

Any thoughts??
    I don't think any new Treo is coming in the next 6 months, so there's time to figure this out. Let's just say that I'd like a WM based version, but I'm not sure how/when it will happen.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I don't think any new Treo is coming in the next 6 months, so there's time to figure this out. Let's just say that I'd like a WM based version, but I'm not sure how/when it will happen.

Marc

Marc, if you wrote a WM version of Chatter, I assure you it would immediately be the one of the BEST email client on that platform. I've tried a bunch of clients on WM including WebIS which is supposed to be the 'best' client out there for WM, but I still prefer chatter to it overall...

However a more important thing to consider is the fact that WM5 is supposed to include push email integrated into the OS. In reality it actually is sms triggered pull instead of real push, but the average WM user probably doesn't know that. It would be important for chatter to distinguish that fact to WM users if there indeed was a WM version...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I agree a WM5 version would be great. Frankly Chatter is the only reason I won't be getting an HTC Wizard.
    gfunkmagic - I thought the push to be included was related to Exchange Server, no?

Marc
    I've been keeping an ongoing list of apps on my Treo. Most of those apps can be replaced by something on the PPC, but I haven't seen anything to replace Chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    gfunkmagic - I thought the push to be included was related to Exchange Server, no?

Marc
    That's right Marc, without an exchange server your SOL if you want push.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Here's a nice chart explaining everything:

http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/archi...30/458000.aspx

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I've been keeping an ongoing list of apps on my Treo. Most of those apps can be replaced by something on the PPC, but I haven't seen anything to replace Chatter.
    That's funny because the first thing I thought about when I heard there was a *possible* WM Treo in the works is; will chatter be available on WM as well?

Frankly, for me, if Chatter doesn't makes it's way to WM, there's no way in hell I'll be switching. I've used/seen other mail clients on WM and HATED them.

"Chatter keeps me a happy PalmOS Treo user"
    I would love to see (and would gladly repurchase) Chatter run on WM 5. One thing to remember is that WM devices are a bit more... uh, standardized than the Treo. If Chatter were written for a WM Treo, it would almost certainly run on *all* WM Phone Edition devices - we'd all have more device freedom, which is a good thing.

Having said that, Chatter is the one thing that has made me happy to keep using the Treo 650. Its so well written, it almost makes my Treo feel like it has an actual multitasking OS.

Pete
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...