Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Downloading now but didn't see a revision history. Any idea what's new from 4.1.4 to 4.2 or just a maintenance release?
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    maybe adding this new desktop will allow you to sync voicememo, notepad, and expense.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    To qoute Wayne from Wayne's World:

"Shyeh, and monkeys might fly out of my ****"

and also

"that'll work...NOT!!"

be cool if it did tho, huh?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Well, I’ll tell you what they didn’t fix… they didn’t fix the damn Media Connect problem showing up in back when you do a find. I also found it funny that the second thing I did was click on the VersuaMail icon and got the error “VMailWiz3 MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” Uh huh… pull this leg and it plays jingle bells.

You’ve got to hand it to those guys at Palm – they sure know how to test out their software.

- B.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.loveisearned.com<O</O
    Instant Messenger:<O</O
    AOL: brilovett, MSN: blovett@chicagogsb.edu, Yahoo: bm_lovett
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    To qoute Wayne from Wayne's World:

"Shyeh, and monkeys might fly out of my ****"
    Didn't you have bout of Munkilepsy not too long ago?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    It's kinda funny. Just yesterday I was looking for the Palm Desktop software on Palm's website. Now, when I don't need it, they post it for download.

Must just be my bad luck....
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    It's kinda funny. Just yesterday I was looking for the Palm Desktop software on Palm's website. Now, when I don't need it, they post it for download.

Must just be my bad luck....
    They had the Mac version up yesterday, or the day before maybe. But for whatever the reason, they held back a day or two for the XP/2k version.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    They had the Mac version up yesterday, or the day before maybe. But for whatever the reason, they held back a day or two for the XP/2k version.
    Looks like they pulled it again ... a visit to the Palm support page shows that the Palm Desktop for Windows XP/2000 is not available at this time. Sure, the link above still works ... but it's no longer linked to via the mail support page.

Strange, eh?
    I just downloaded and installed on my pc. I also enabled the option to check for latest settings via internet. Even when I uninstalled the Palm desktop that came from my Treo 650 disk, the new desktop still had version 4.14 instead of the expected 4.2 However I did had an installation of 2 pdbs, carrier profiles and network profiles that prompted for an automatic soft reset after hotsync. What just happened?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I did not experience any errors on or after installation. Here's what I noticed:

1. New Carrier and Network Profiles installed to 650
    2. Versamail conduit reinstalled, problem fixed (but don't use it as I am now a Chatter convert)
    3. Start menu now includes the PIM conduit sync options
    4. Hotsync conduit customize no longer shows datebookDB etc. only new databases calendarDB etc. (Isn't this new?)
    5. My Palm Desktop revision still says version 4.1.4
    I don't notice anything else right now.
    Please post your observations.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    The new network and carrier profiles increased my gprs connection speed! From 10 to 70 kbps!
    no syncing of notepad, voicememo or expense?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Nope. No new functionality really...
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Since these aren't included on the 650, I doubt they'd include the conduits. Wish they would though, but it makes sense why they don't.

if they dont include the conduit, then how can the lifedrive sync? i thought the lifedrive had notepad and voicememo at least, guess i was wrong again

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Ya I had a pretty advanced case of "Munkilepsy". There are pics of the effects around somewhere.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
  17.    #18  
    This is Palm Desktop 4.1.4 in the package - no change there. HotSync Manager version is 6.01.

The most interesting changes seem to be in how the installer behaves regarding your old data in the Backup folder if you are an upgrader. It runs a blacklist of 'incompatible applications' and then it asks you if you want to keep the applications that are remaining in your Backup folder. You can select yes or no. I am not sure what it does if you say no as I said Yes. I presume it moves all the data out of the Backup folder automatically to some safe location. Then it asks you to do the usual HotSync and checks back with you to ensure your device is still working OK. If you say no, it takes you back thru the installer and gives you the option to hard reset the device and install with none of the Backup folder junk. Not a bad system.
    Mine did that right out of the box.
    "they didnít fix the damn Media Connect problem showing up in back when you do a find."

Unbelieveable! That is such a major screw-up! Nothing like having a caller on the line and asking them to hold while you open up your DB. And then you do a search for their name. And then you wait. And wait. And wait for that STUPID splash screen to go away and for the mouse control to come back. Unbelieveable!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast