1.    #1  
    I just bought a Treo 650 and want to hot sync it with my business (A.C.T) database. Before I dig into this has anyone tried this hot sync with the ACT - Automactic Contact Software ?
    If you are talking about ACT!, the popular contact manager, yes and no. Some members have said they were able to Hotsync to Agendus and built Palm contacts using 3rd party software( Intellisync for one) but I have had no luck at all. Furthermore ACT! Palm will not run on the Treo (although I have heard some members that were successful doing this also) I export all my contacts from ACT into Outlook using the export function built into Outlook and then hotsync Outlook with a program called Key Contacts. This way, at least I am able to have to have my 1,500 contacts or so in my Treo. (display on caller id and easy to look up and dial) but I am unable to set appointments, take notes, set task, ect out in the field. Still it is very helpful to have this information on the road!
    I have ACT! 6

and I bought the palm software which I thought stunk... so deleted it..

If you can find ACT!Link 2.0 somewhere.. (I'm not sure ACT! is distributing it anymore... it was a free conduit...
    you might be better off...

Link syncs all my ACT contacts and appointment into the native palm apps... to do's as well... there is no great customer history or anything like in ACT! but the rest is functional........
    I use ACT! 6.0 and I use ACT Palm link software. Everything works fine for me. The problems some people have is that the palm link software DOES NOT WORK with ACT! version 7, also called ACT! 2005. ACT! is aware of this and has promised that they will fix the Palm link software. The forums at ACT are now informing people that the palm link software will be ready when the next version of ACT is released, supposedly this fall. I have a Treo 600, and know of those with the 650 that the ACT 6.0 with the ACT for Palm works fine.
    Buy Act 6.0 on EBAY for a huge discount. I believe ACT for Palm works on the Treo 600 and NOT the 650. You can use Agendus Pro as the contact, calendar manager. You could use that ACT Palm Link which will only sync one way.

Or buy the Companion Link conduit which gives you 2 way sync between ACT 6.0 or Act 7.0 and Agendus including notes, custom fields and others. Call Companion Link for more advice.

I have Act 7.0 aka 2005 but it loads super slow, the whole software was recreated and I am not happy with it. Hopefully the new version will work better, I also heard that the new version on Palm Act will require 8mb of ram to work and a huge chunk per contact.

G0THIKE
    I'm using Act 6.0 and Agendus Pro and everything seems to synch OK except for the links with the Contact on new Tasks and Calls that I set up in my Treo 650. I use Act Link for Palm 2.0 to synch.

If I buy Companion Link, does that meant that I'll really have two-way synching? I mean, will the new tasks that I create on the Treo load to the Act software with a link to the correct contact rather than being linked to My Record?

Thanks.
    Hi guys,

The sales team of my company work with the Treo 650 and I am looking for a contact management software to syncronize with it.

Can somebody tell me what is the best software that I can work with?

Thanks!
  8. edp
    Quote Originally Posted by rkramer
    If you are talking about ACT!, the popular contact manager, yes and no. Some members have said they were able to Hotsync to Agendus and built Palm contacts using 3rd party software( Intellisync for one) but I have had no luck at all. Furthermore ACT! Palm will not run on the Treo (although I have heard some members that were successful doing this also) I export all my contacts from ACT into Outlook using the export function built into Outlook and then hotsync Outlook with a program called Key Contacts. This way, at least I am able to have to have my 1,500 contacts or so in my Treo. (display on caller id and easy to look up and dial) but I am unable to set appointments, take notes, set task, ect out in the field. Still it is very helpful to have this information on the road!
    I have ACT! 6 and Outlook 2002. How do I export contacts in ACT 6 into Outlook 2002 as you described above? I want to somehow be able to get my ACT contacts into my new Treo 700p (Palm OS)
    EzEDP
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandregobbi
    Hi guys,

The sales team of my company work with the Treo 650 and I am looking for a contact management software to syncronize with it.

Can somebody tell me what is the best software that I can work with?

Thanks!
    That is a whole separate question for probably a different thread, but your decision should be based on what you will use while on the PC I would think rather than what would sync with it. That being said, I use Goldmine and sync perfectly well and am very happy with it.

Also, the people with Act! problems, I have heard very good things about CompanionLink and it works with a variety of PC contact management applications, ACT! included.
    Quote Originally Posted by PetesPeterson View Post
    I just bought a Treo 650 and want to hot sync it with my business (A.C.T) database. Before I dig into this has anyone tried this hot sync with the ACT - Automactic Contact Software ?
    I am having problems synching with ACT 7 - when I install it from the CD it bombs out the synch.
    I can see from the above thead that a solution was promised - does anyone know if has been delivered and if so how does one get it.Regards Hans
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    You can sync a 700p with ACT 2005 contacts and activities using the Hot Sync manager from Palm. You have to set contacts/tasks/memos/memo pad/calendar to "do nothing" and set ACT! Activities and ACT!Contacts for syncing. It will only sync from desktop to palm; not both ways. If you want to actually synchronize contacts, meetings, etc. you need to download ACT! Link for Palm O.S. from the ACT website.

Its a real pain and ACT! 2005 couldn't be slower on my computer but it will sync.
    Title: Sync ACT 6 with Treo 650
    Body: I recently acquired a Treo 650 from Cingular and am trying to sync with ACT 6 (build 6.0.3.979). I installed Hotsync Manager 6.0.1 from the CD that came with the Treo 650. A hotsync attemp results in a Windows message stating that "Windows could not load the installer for {784126C0-4190-11D4-B5C2-00CO4F687A67}. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance."

The Treo gives a message that the connection with the desktop could not be established.

Does anyone have a solution or a suggestion as to how to proceed?