1.    #1  
    I can't get rid of this thing. The error message I get is that "some of the databases could not be deleted." I even tried unlocking it via Filez but still no dice. Any have a similar experience (and hopefully solution)?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I had this same problem but I don't remember exactly how I got it all removed. I know I first removed the Java runtime (perhaps wrongly). I think I then had to manually delete all of the j9* files. I believe I then soft reset and was able to remove the opera prc. There were probably a few trial and error steps in there that I forgot, so I hope these are the ones of import. Good luck.

Paul
    do exactly what ptyork said but you might need to do a warm reset instead of soft to get rid of the opera prc...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks to both of you. That did the trick including the warm reset.
    no problem..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    I can't get rid of this thing. The error message I get is that "some of the databases could not be deleted." I even tried unlocking it via Filez but still no dice. Any have a similar experience (and hopefully solution)?
    You have to do a warm reset before deleting Opera. That is what I did fyi. Simply do a soft reset and press "up" on the Nav pad. This will put the Treo into debug mode and disable all extensions and hacks. You should now be able to uninstall Opera...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions