1.    #1  
    I really need a bt headset, but I have to have one with the caller ID screen on it. Does anyone have any advice on which headset with caller ID works best with the Treo 650.

Please help!!!
    sony ericsson hbh-600 or 660
    Either the Sony Ericsson HBH-660 or the HBH-662. They are basically the same headset except the 660 has BT version 1.1 and the 662 has 1.2. Both have caller ID.
    Just curious why you want caller ID. Most people wear the headset on their ear. Unless you look in a mirror sideways, and read it backwards, and have good eyes, you can't read it. Heck, the number shows up on your phone when it rings.

If you have the headset off, then you have to hold it or stick it in your ear to answer the call. I have the 660 and the caller ID is useless to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Just curious why you want caller ID. Most people wear the headset on their ear. Unless you look in a mirror sideways, and read it backwards, and have good eyes, you can't read it. Heck, the number shows up on your phone when it rings.

If you have the headset off, then you have to hold it or stick it in your ear to answer the call. I have the 660 and the caller ID is useless to me.
    I just posted the same thing in another headset thread. Caller ID on the headset seems like a dumb idea. Do people take off their headsets to read the microscopic caller ID???
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster
    I just posted the same thing in another headset thread. Caller ID on the headset seems like a dumb idea. Do people take off their headsets to read the microscopic caller ID???
    I think the idea is to leave your phone in a bag, pocket or clip, but not always have the headset on, you could look at the number and answer the phone before putting it on. That said, I think it's use is limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    I think the idea is to leave your phone in a bag, pocket or clip, but not always have the headset on, you could look at the number and answer the phone before putting it on. That said, I think it's use is limited.
    So when the headset starts to ring...which is already delayed from when it rings on the Treo...you take it off, and look at it to see if you can recognize the caller phone number (since it only gives number...not person.) Then, if it is someone recognize and want to talk to....and you've done it quick enough that the caller doesn't hang up or the call doesn't go to voicemail...you hit answer and put the headset back on your ear...while talking to the person you can't hear...."Hello, just a second. I can't hear you...I'm putting the headset back on."
    Like I said, limited usefulness (to paraphrase myself) - I only think it would be useful at all if you didn't wear it all the time, rather than taking it off to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost

Some people don't wear their headset all the time. At least I don't. Actually I hate seeing people wearing the ear peice when they are not on the phone. my .02...
    I have purchased a holster for my hbh-660 and keep it on my belt. Phone rings, I take it out of the holster look at the caller ID and then put it on to answer or ignore if I don't want to talk to the person.
    Bluetooth Caller ID has value for people that keep Treos in their pocket or in a purse, etc. It's doesn't have value for everyone; but for those who want it, it can be a major convenience. Just like the Treo is a major convenince for us over the regular cell phone and the Treo is not for everybody.
    IMHO, the Treo headset, with call waiting, is a greater benefit. I'm more interested in not missing a call then excluding calls. With any other headset you'll have to fumble for your Treo to pick up the other line. With the Treo headset you just hold down the answer button for 2 seconds and you can transfer to the other line without hanging up on your current call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    I have purchased a holster for my hbh-660 and keep it on my belt. Phone rings, I take it out of the holster look at the caller ID and then put it on to answer or ignore if I don't want to talk to the person.
    Have you got a URL for and hopefully a picture of your headset holster?