1.    #1  
    Since I upgraded firmware on my sprint 650. I upgraded to latest version of toccer (7) and still no go.

I get error code 1:

any ideas?
    I assume you have the host, screenname, and password fields properly filled out.

Try opening Blazer first, connect to a site, and then switch to Toccer and try logging in.

Do you have any other apps running in the background?
  3.    #3  
    i have business connect personal. that's the only program i had installed after toccer along with the firmware upgrade. i use the default settings for the toccer connection.

i tried opening blazer first, and still no go.
    Are you able to open http://toc.oscar.aol.com/ in Blazer? It'll be a blank page (it's got Javascript and stuff but doesn't do anything in Blazer). Or do you get some sort of error?

Also, do you get error code 1 immediately? or does it try to connect and after some period of time then pop the error code 1?
    It works for me but since upgrading to it, my Treo 600 has experienced
    a case where the screen could not be turned on without a reset or
    without fiddling with the SD card but then the screen was frozen.
    This is the first time either has happened so I am assuming Toccer's
    backgrounding with Chatteremail's backgrounding is causing problems
    for the Treo 600 in doing both simultaneously.
  6.    #6  
    Yes i can hit the site through blazer, and no it doesn't give the error immediately. it tries to connect first.
    first post here but thought maybe someone might have some insight into my problem.

installed Toccer preview 7 on my Verizon Treo 650 (brand new as of last week with newest software update) and it worked great. thing is, i was able to send SMS via Toccer in the traditional manner no problem when i first installed it. today i can't get it to work for the life of me. i have tried the following:

re-adding the phone numbers (using AIM on my laptop and then letting Toccer import them), re-adding the group, re-installing Toccer, and of course i have tried it on numerous phone numbers with no luck.

anyone have the same problem? any help would be awesome

thanks!

aaron

EDIT: i should add that IM funtionality works fine as far as i can tell. it is only refusing to send SMS to mobile phones.
    Regarding the error code 1. I'm not sure what would be causing it. I assume you've deleted it and reinstalled. I'll add some more verbose error messages in an upcoming version, but that won't really solve your problem now. I wonder if anyone else on Sprint is having the same problem.
    Regarding SMS, did this problem start when you switched to preview 7 or did it work initially after you switched?

It may be that the new protocol that preview 7 uses doesn't support sending SMS's or that they've disabled it (for the protocol or for third party clients) intentionally or accidentally.

Previously, I wasn't doing anythin special with phone numbers. In fact, I didn't even know you could do that. So if IMs continue to work fine then it would appear to be something on AOL's side. But I'kk take a look at it when I get a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    Regarding SMS, did this problem start when you switched to preview 7 or did it work initially after you switched?

It may be that the new protocol that preview 7 uses doesn't support sending SMS's or that they've disabled it (for the protocol or for third party clients) intentionally or accidentally.

Previously, I wasn't doing anythin special with phone numbers. In fact, I didn't even know you could do that. So if IMs continue to work fine then it would appear to be something on AOL's side. But I'kk take a look at it when I get a chance.
    thanks for the reply ar-cain. i still have had no luck with the SMS. i'm pretty new to the Treo 650 (but have been a longtime Palm/PPC user) and have only tried Preview 7. i never had previous versions installed. i'm assuming it's something on AOL's end but what is endlessly frustrating is that i can send SMS fine from AIM on my laptop but not from Toccer. what's weirder is the fact that the SMS function worked when i first tried it and then stopped working. *shrugs*

any other ideas anybody?

thanks

aaron