Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I am looking for anyone running Verichat that isn't running the current version (2.86b) and is not having reset problems. I have taken it off my treo and have had zero resets for a little over a week and a half. I decided to reinstall it and run it in SMS mode notification mode thinking that running in the background is causing problems. As soon as I installed it I had several resets. Bottom line I am looking for someone who might be running an earlier version on a Treo 650 that hasn't had these problems and also has the .prc installer file. Thanks for any help.

Larry
    As you mentioned, there are some major problems with Verichat 2.86b. While this may not affect everyone, it certainly has affected quite a few of us. When I e-mailed verichat about this issue, they were aware of it and asked me to help them by loading an earlier version 2.33b (it's on the same download page as 2.86b). Once I installed 2.33b, I found it to be stable and I didn't get the resets I had with 2.86b. Of course, it goes without saying that you lose out on some of the enhancements that came with the updated version. Bottom line, try 2.33b
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Do you run it in always on mode? If so do you use data connection or sms? Thanks for the help...
    I run 2.86B on on the T600, 24hrs a day on SMS, never had a problem with any version including this one.
    I run 2.86B on the T650, 24hrs a day on SMS, never had a problem I could attribute to VC.
    I run Verichat 2.86b on my 650 with very little problems.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by lardawge
    Do you run it in always on mode? If so do you use data connection or sms? Thanks for the help...
    I have used it "always on" with the sms option and it was stable.

For the others out there with cdma treo 650's: It looks like a change between the beta's has caused a conflict between verichat and some of us with some particular setup we have on our phones. My first guess would be some other app/combo that uses the data connection a lot. Do any of you have chatter and verichat 2.86b together on your phones? If so, what options do you have configured in verichat (as far as data/sms and always on etc.). It would be helpful for me to know (The resets only occured for me if verichat was "always on").
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I believe that it is an issue with the data connection fighting for attention when running in the background. Although, I am also having problems when I get a chat request and accept it. It then switches to the chat window, after I am done chatting and then exit, I get a reset. It is random but always in those circumstances.

Another question is why do I not get chat requests if I shut down my data connection if I am using SMS? It should still work since it doesn't rely on the data connection. Weird. Can anyone else do this?

Correct me if I am wrong (I can not find very much documentation for verichat), but doesn't sms only get used to recieve the first message if you are in standby mode? If you then accept the chat it will then connect using the data connection? A user manual would be nice.

Can anyone running version 2.86b on a 650 with chatteremail, and it's stable (key word), post there always-on settings? Thank you kindly.

PS: I am a Cingular user.
    I had major problems when I upgraded from 2.84 to 2.86... Use chatteremail, but never had problems with SMS mode with Verichat prior to 2.86.

Unfortunately, I no longer have a copy of it. Anyone have a version of verichat 2.84 lying around?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus
    Anyone have a version of verichat 2.84 lying around?
    I do.