Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, archie may be disappointed as the .Mac upgrade does not seem to include all his ideas, but they've upgraded us all to 1 Gig of storage (user-selectable between email and iDisc), added a grouping feature, and not much else.

The storage upgrade makes me happy enough though.
    -mbd26
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Well, they did introduce Groups which helps members AND non-members communicate, coordinate schedules download, upload and stay in sync with other groups of friends, family or colleagues. Like a big blog for many.

And not only did they quad-druple the storage space but they quad-drupled the traffic flow to 10GB per month. This will come in handy for all my competition videos I post for people to look at. The new .Mac Backup software has also been released and now I can choose what I want to backup and where I want to put it (.mac, flash drive, Treo card, CD-r, hard drive, DVD, iPod). It does incremental back ups too.
    1GB is nice. I'm using my iDisk with WiFile Pro as a great big storage card. What I'd really like to see, though is an upgrade to .Mac mail to support IDLE for push with Chatter.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    I agree...i was hoping they would sneak idle into the update.

has anyone verified that it is still not there?
    I tried it about 30 minutes ago - no dice.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I hate the new login screen. UUUUGLY!
    Where's PHP integration?
    The extra 1GB is nice though and it seems almost twice as fast.
    I do like being able to blog to my .mac account (Groups) from my phone without using their web interface. The linkroll functionality is nice too.

I can't wait for people to start making Widgets and applications to take advantage of some of this real-time collaboration and communication stuff without using their limited web interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycray
    I do like being able to blog to my .mac account (Groups) from my phone without using their web interface. The linkroll functionality is nice too.
    So, how do you blog with .Mac?? And, what's linkroll?

Thanks
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    just fire off an an e-mail to ________@groups.mac.com

linkrolls are those beginning bits of a post with a title link sending you to that particular entry to read it in its entirety like a blog or the home page of TreoCentral with its news stories
    Go here: http://www.salling.com/

Now for Windows too.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12