1.    #1  
    Checked thru the forum and couldn't find this issue. Noticed that the number of the message is always one higher than the actual message. If the Summary folder is not used the message number is correct...so it seems to count the message twice, once in the actual mailbox where the message resides and a second time under the Summary mailbox. Is there a way to have the number of the message reflect the actual number of messages rather than the total of the summary and the actual message mailbox?

Thanks for any help in clarifying this question. I apologize if this is a quick answer that I just missed in the manual or the forums. Thanks again!
    I'm not sure what you're saying. The number of messages WHERE is one higher... Are you talking about in Message View in the Summary? If so, number is peculiar there. It's something of a bug.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Yes. It's the number displayed when opening a message first seen in the summary view. In that case, the display at the left most portion of the message (above the From, Subject and Date fields) will read 3 of 4 or 2 of 3 if there are 3 total message or 2 total messages. What's interesting is that it is always the actual number of messages + 1. If I remove the summary view as an option and view the same three messages from the actual mailbox and then click on the message it will display the numbers 2 of 3 or 1 of 2, representing either 3 or 2 emails respectively (the correct total number). I hope this makes sense. Thank you again for the very quick response and your assistance. And thanks for a wonderful product that you've definitely sold me on this time!
    Thanks... It turns out (not that anyone is interested...) that Summary was created hurriedly for a "private label" deal, so the implementation wasn't as robust as it might have been. This is baggage, if you will, from some decisions made without much reflection. I will fix this, of course, but the problem (since it's mainly cosmetic) hasn't bubbled up to the top of my list yet.

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the quick response. Summary is such a great feature that it really doesn't matter from my perspective if the numbering is off...I had just wanted to make sure that the variance in numbering was not due to something I was or was not doing. Thanks again!
    Rather dig up an old thread than start a new one...

Marc, I'm guessing this is still not resolved? As I've gotten more servers, I am now using Summary view exclusively. Not a big deal, I just want to make sure if it's still a glitch, or if it is exclusive to me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    No, it's still there. I didn't want to address it before 1.1, because the change could cause bugs...

Marc