1.    #1  
    I have, up to now, been convinced that my inability to sync my 650 (connection problem) had more to do with a Windows/software issue rather than a Treo hardware issue.

I am waiting for a new office computer before I give in and swap my Treo for a new one. I still feel that due to the installation of an update to an accounting program that I have at the office, that a file, maybe a Windows file, changed in some manner or was updated which caused me to not be able to sync my Treo.

However, I have not ruled out that it could be a Treo hardware issue also, since the error message has to do with the inability of my office computer to recognize the connection ( I have tried all of the suggested fixes, and nothing has corrected my problems).

So, with that it mind, has anyone who has had these "connection" problems swaped their Treo with a new Treo and experienced success in syncing?

Thank you.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcpa
    I have, up to now, been convinced that my inability to sync my 650 (connection problem) had more to do with a Windows/software issue rather than a Treo hardware issue.

I am waiting for a new office computer before I give in and swap my Treo for a new one. I still feel that due to the installation of an update to an accounting program that I have at the office, that a file, maybe a Windows file, changed in some manner or was updated which caused me to not be able to sync my Treo.

However, I have not ruled out that it could be a Treo hardware issue also, since the error message has to do with the inability of my office computer to recognize the connection ( I have tried all of the suggested fixes, and nothing has corrected my problems).

So, with that it mind, has anyone who has had these "connection" problems swaped their Treo with a new Treo and experienced success in syncing?

Thank you.
    First place to look is that cheap a|)(| sync cable they give you. It was my problem.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I had a treo replaced because it had a bad connector. It wouldn't be recognized when I tried to sync with cable that was not faulty. Swapped out the phone, kept same cables and all is fine now. No problems syncing.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I am also having Sync Issues. Do you know how many prongs are on the sync cable connection side? I am new to Treo and getting discouraged. any help is greatly appreciated -Metric
    Hey there
    I just swapped my 650 for a replacement model. I need to hotsync to get all my data onto the new phone. Should I have the conduits set to "Synchronize the Files" or to "Desktop Overwites Handheld"? Also for backup should I change the default to "Desktop Overwrites Handheld?" (it currently says Handheld Overwrites Desktop."
    Help!