1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to set up Goodlink so that when you go into contacts it is not on the last contact that you picked? I really like the ability to start typing a name and having it go to the contact. Unfortunately, this only works if Goodlink is not stuck on a previous contact.

Thanks for the help

Josh
    No. If you call from a contact record, when you go back, it will be on the contact record you were last on. Version 4.5 now is set that when you go back to the contact directory, the search bar is highlighted so you can start typing a new search and it will overwrite the old one.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    No. If you call from a contact record, when you go back, it will be on the contact record you were last on. Version 4.5 now is set that when you go back to the contact directory, the search bar is highlighted so you can start typing a new search and it will overwrite the old one.
    Cool. To make sure I understand, only 1/2 the problem is fixed: You still need to press "Done" or cursor up and click to get to the directory?

Just to confirm... I can download it from the good website even though our server is still 4.0.x?

Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    If I do the 4.5 install, will I need to re-set up anything? i.e. can I just do the install and all settings that are currently on my phone will hold?

Thanks
    You can download the desktop installer and the client from the Good website. All settings will remain, though any 3rd party memory management apps may have to be reintialized, I don't know.
  6.    #6  
    GoodGuy, i just downloaded the installer and started to do the install.

One thing I noticed was that the radio button for upgrading my install from 4.036 was not enabled. The only radio buttons enabled were show handheld information and install Goodlink for the first time.

Is this normal?

Josh
  7.    #7  
    GoodGuy, any ideas?
    I have found a little trick with Goodlink and the Treo. Not really a trick but a supported feature I think. If you hit Function-Calendar, it goes to Tasks, if you hit Function-Phone, it goes to contacts.

If you are deep within a contact and you hit Function-Phone, it will go back one level to the last search you did and if you hit Function-Phone one more time, it goes back to a blank search.

Now all this works fine and dandy.... BUT

dum da dum dum

If you go into the Buttons app under preferences and make the slightest change to the button mappings you break that functionality of Function-Phone.

Now don't get me wrong, Function-Phone still goes to Contacts, but it no longer has the ability to move backwards.

Like what I used to do in the past if I really wanted to quickly get back to a clean search and I knew the last item searched was still up on the screen, I would hit

Function-Phone
    Function-Phone
    Function-Phone

But Now I have to hit
    Function-Phone
    Done
    Clear

or something like that.

Is there a Goodlink debug command to reset button mapping? The only thing I know to do his reinstall Goodlink, yuk, and make a note to myself not to touch button mapping again.

This same rule is true for 650 and 700p, maybe even 600.

Jeremiah
    Goodlink Reseller
    I have found a little trick with Goodlink and the Treo. Not really a trick but a supported feature I think. If you hit Function-Calendar, it goes to Tasks, if you hit Function-Phone, it goes to contacts.

If you are deep within a contact and you hit Function-Phone, it will go back one level to the last search you did and if you hit Function-Phone one more time, it goes back to a blank search.

So if in a rush hit

Function-Phone
    Function-Phone
    Function-Phone

But this feature breaks if you mess with button mapping

Jeremiah
    Goodlink Reseller