1.    #1  
    Guys, another one "bright" idea. I saw this application on palmgear (http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=58484) which allows bluetooth keyboard connection.

So I've got a question - why not use your laptop or desktop as a bluetooth or IR keyboard fro your palm? I beleive those with pocketPC has got such an application from Microsoft, called something like Power Toys. I think it's feasible...
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dccharacter
    Guys, another one "bright" idea. I saw this application on palmgear (http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=58484) which allows bluetooth keyboard connection.

So I've got a question - why not use your laptop or desktop as a bluetooth or IR keyboard fro your palm? I beleive those with pocketPC has got such an application from Microsoft, called something like Power Toys. I think it's feasible...
    If you have your laptop why would you want to do this? Just wondering.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    If you have your laptop why would you want to do this? Just wondering.
    Why transfer data back and forth if you can enter it where needed at once?
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Why transfer data back and forth if you can enter it where needed at once?
    Aw, I see. I just think it would be a process to pair then type. When you could just enter once on the laptop then send via BT. But, I see your point.
    I use Remote Desktop with my Pocket PC. It's really not a "BT accessory", since it still requires ActiveSync. It comes in handy sometimes like entering a long reg code or something like that. My Toshiba doesn't have a keyboard, so pecking a stylus on a virtual keyboard can be a pain.

But since the Treo has a keyboard, I wouldn't need something like this.

Not saying it's a bad idea, but trying to gauge how it would be usefeul without being overkill.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Hey..

It will not work on a laptop as a bluetooth keyboard. I already tried it. Also it will not work on a ir keyboard unless it has bt capabillity. I would like to see June Fabricks who produced PDAREACH, modify it to work on bluetooth. PDAREACH only works with the serial cable.

PDAREACH is really convenient for building my load documents etc. tethered to the lappy using the keyboard. Then I do a hotsync from PDAREACH.

Chuck
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey..

It will not work on a laptop as a bluetooth keyboard. I already tried it. Also it will not work on a ir keyboard unless it has bt capabillity. I would like to see June Fabricks who produced PDAREACH, modify it to work on bluetooth. PDAREACH only works with the serial cable.

PDAREACH is really convenient for building my load documents etc. tethered to the lappy using the keyboard. Then I do a hotsync from PDAREACH.

Chuck
    If it worked I wouldn't go to developer's corner :-)
    Yeah, sync and moving files is what I wanted to avoid...
    The company that I work for makes a program that does just what you describe, it is called TapSmart KeyLink, you can find out more information: http://www.mobilityware.com/KeyLink/KeyLinkProduct.htm

KeyLink supports connections between the PC and the Palm over USB, Bluetooth or WiFi.
  9.    #9  
    That is cool! I'll give it a try, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jheard
    The company that I work for makes a program that does just what you describe, it is called TapSmart KeyLink, you can find out more information: http://www.mobilityware.com/KeyLink/KeyLinkProduct.htm

KeyLink supports connections between the PC and the Palm over USB, Bluetooth or WiFi.

Hey John...

I downloaded your Keylink program and tried it out on my Treo 650. I like it. It has some advantages and some disadvantages when compared to PDAREACH which I have used for long time....

A couple of advantages are the large Windows type screen on the PC and the adjustable Treo 650 screen sizes. And of course the bluetooth option. PDAREACH dosen't have bt option. When using bluetooth, the selections that are made on the PC for the handheld have quite a delay before the new selection appears on the PC. The selection changes are almost instantaneous on the handheld screen. When using the serial cable, the delay is reduced. Also, you can copy from a PC document directly to a handheld document on the handheld screen on the PC. Can't do that with PDAREACH. Also the handheld apps pull down menu for easy selection.

The disadvantage is, while doing stuff on The PC and linked handheld, I can't make a phone call at the same time on Keylink. A unknown command error pops up. I would want to that while having the Treo tethered to the PC with serial cable and using the BT headset. I can do that with PDAREACH.

The PC keyboard works about the same on the Keylink and PDAREACH.
    I was a little surprised that there wasn't a print tab in the little pull down menus on the PC Keylink screen to print from a printer tethered to the PC. I have Printboy premium and I can print a handheld document from the Keylink screen if I go the print option in the handheld apps pull down menu and print from the phone with either bluetooth or infrared to a HP deskjet 450.

I am going to buy Keylink and use it. Is there any way to get the PC screen changes to match the speed of the handheld screen changes? I have looked and could find no option for this.

Chuck