1.    #1  
    I'm trying to sync my 650 with Outlook 2000 for the first time, and I get the following message in the Hotsync log --Please set the option "Enable Synchronization when Outlook is offline" in UI inorder to synchronize in Offline mode. What does "in UI" mean?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjohnson
    I'm trying to sync my 650 with Outlook 2000 for the first time, and I get the following message in the Hotsync log --Please set the option "Enable Synchronization when Outlook is offline" in UI inorder to synchronize in Offline mode. What does "in UI" mean?
    UI= User Interface. Goto the hotsync icon in the systray (down by the clock in the taskbar), Right click>Custom>Calendar[Outlook]>Change>Settings>Click box for Outlook offline.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks NRG. That did get me a step closer. They at least talked. But got the log below. I tried the direction under Tasks but found no crossed swords. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

OK Quick Install
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:05-0013
    OLERR:05-000F
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:05-001D
    OLERR:0D-0048
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    One or more tasks in Outlook may have conflicting versions. You should resolve these conflicts and then synchronize again. To correct the problem, do the following: 1. Open Outlook and switch to Tasks 2. Select View | Current View | By Category from the menu 3. Look for items with a crossed swords icon next to them 4. For each item found, double click and resolve the conflicting changes Note that Outlook 2003 indicates conflicting records with a yellow diamond symbol rather than the crossed swords shown in Outlook 98, 2000 and 2002.
    OLERR:10-0017
    OLERR:10-000F
    OLERR:10-0023
    OLERR:0D-0048
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    -- Backing up CarrierProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\JohnsoB\Backup\CarrierProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache2 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\JohnsoB\Backup\MMIDCache2.PDB
    -- Backing up Snapper-Prefs-Snpm to C:\Program Files\palmOne\JohnsoB\Backup\Snapper-Prefs-Snpm.PDB
    -- Backing up Messages Database to C:\Program Files\palmOne\JohnsoB\Backup\Messages_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\JohnsoB\Backup\NetworkProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\JohnsoB\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Program Files\palmOne\JohnsoB\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts__.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\palmOne\JohnsoB\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up Queries to C:\Program Files\palmOne\JohnsoB\Backup\Queries.PDB
    OK Backup
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Search for something called dbScan. Isn't this fun!
    Same issue - just started happening this morning. Anyone getting anywhere on this?

OK Install TomTom Maps 1.66
    OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Calendar
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:10-0017
    OLERR:10-000F
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Install TomTom Maps 1.66
    -- Backing up 4cast cities to C:\Program Files\palmOne\CraigR\Backup\4cast_cities.PDB
    -- Backing up db2Day to C:\Program Files\palmOne\CraigR\Backup\db2Day.PDB
    -- Backing up 2dayThemes to C:\Program Files\palmOne\CraigR\Backup\2dayThemes.PDB
    -- Backing up UninstallManagerData to C:\Program Files\palmOne\CraigR\Backup\UninstallManagerData.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\CraigR\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    OK Backup
    Same is happening to me. Please advise. The Treo 600 worked *FAR*
    better than the Treo 650 in all synchronization (hot, wireless) aspects!!!
    Ryanc2, the error 10-0017 is coming from a previous version of the application.... is this really happening with a 650?
    Doing these things *appears* to have fixed ALL of my synchronization problems
    with HotSync, Wireless Sync, Versamail, Mail, etc:

Treo 650 Tips

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bjohnson

UI= User Interface. Goto the hotsync icon in the systray (down by the clock in the taskbar), Right click>Custom>Calendar[Outlook]>Change>Settings>Click box for Outlook offline.
    Also in Wireless Sync go to Setup / Connection Settings / Advanced / Enable other sync apps <- this should be checked.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    AHH This is a dreaded OLERR Error, PocketMirror fixed it for me, plus it is 10 times faster in syncing.
    Do you have Microsoft Works? If your not sure go to start - all programs - look for Microsoft works. This software has its on address database and can cause problems with synchronizing of contacts. You will have to remove Microsoft works first, then delete the paring on both the active sync software and the active sync in the phone. Then put the cable back in the phone and re-sync. P.S. Save your Microsoft works on a separate CD in case you need to use late. Let me know if this works.