Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Is there any program that will alert you upon arrival of a new email, kind of like an sms does? I find it time consuming and difficult to have to wait and check on my mail, and wait for versa mail to connect to the server and DL it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    chatter is the way to go

Fred
    chatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterc
    hatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatt
    erchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatter
    chatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatter
    chatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatter
    chatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatter
    chatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatter
    chatterchatterchatterchatterchatterchatter

try chatter...it's great
    I like it when you trumpet Chatter like that...

Marc
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Where do I get this Chatter? VersaMail is pissing me off.
    You can just click on Chatters picture to bring up his profile, and go to his site...

Or:

http://www.chatteremail.com/
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Any insights into push email applications for the 650 that compete with RIM? I have Snapper but it's just not getting the job done I have email that doesn’t go through, it interrupts other applications while I am using my 650 and is simply not keeping pace with the competition. I'm looking for a push technology that matches my friends’ solution with their Blackberrys. Does anyone like Good Technology’s solution? Is that the closest to RIM or are there better ones. Any guidance, counsel or help would be hugely appreciated.
    Do a search for Chatter.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I used to use Snapper, Get chatter and fwd mail through AOL or fastmail etc and it will change the way you use email .

Is the most used application on my treo by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    I used to use Snapper, Get chatter and fwd mail through AOL or fastmail etc and it will change the way you use email .

Is the most used application on my treo by far.
    I have been looking for a thread that shows how to forward to an imap account and I can not find it anywhere. Can you please explain how to do this...
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Who do you have your e-mail seevice with? Some, like Yahoo! Mail Plus, will allow you to forward your mail to any other address, others won't. Create a free account at www.fastmail.fm or another imap provider and forward to that address. Download chatter and type in the imap server for your new account on the initial setup and you will receive push e-mail. It's pretty straightforward.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    If you don't have imap or can't use chatter, then take a look at Good, it does work well, but it takes up a huge amount of cache and memory to run and you will probably have to use a launcher to run other apps from the card
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Neither Good, nor Seven will do push with POP/SMTP. For push, it's forward to IMAP or if using Exchange server, use Good (or Seven) for push (or something like push but not technically so).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Who do you have your e-mail seevice with? Some, like Yahoo! Mail Plus, will allow you to forward your mail to any other address, others won't. Create a free account at www.fastmail.fm or another imap provider and forward to that address. Download chatter and type in the imap server for your new account on the initial setup and you will receive push e-mail. It's pretty straightforward.
    If my email service does not offer fwd is there another way for this to happen?
    I called my email service and they said that they do not support forwarding.
    COX email
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Are you looking for personal email forwarding or corporate? If you're talking about corporate, Good and Intellisync and the top. Intellisync apparently has the most of the non-Blackaberry market according to recent numbers. My company uses Intellisync's Mobile Suite and it's quite good. I've never used Good, so I cannot comment there.

If you're talking about personal email, everyone on here raves about Chatter. I've never used it though. Intellisync also has a personal solution, which should be good if it's anything like their corporate products.

Joe
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito
    COX email
    No.

Change your e-mail.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Neither Good, nor Seven will do push with POP/SMTP. For push, it's forward to IMAP or if using Exchange server, use Good (or Seven) for push (or something like push but not technically so).
    Sprint offers a private labled SEVEN product (Business Connect Personal Edition) that does push to your device. The downside is that the required PC client requires that you leave your PC on but it does not requre IMAP, forwarding or Exchange. While I have not needed to use BCPE with my TREO I have to assume that it works as well as it did with my Samsung I500.

I mention this only because OP did not mention his carrier. YMMV

~~~ gottago ~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito
    COX email
    Try fusemail. it will poll your account every few minutes to see if you have mail, thus eliminating the need to forward.

www.fusemail.com
    I've waited a long time, but I must jump on the bandwagon. Chatter is great. Using the forumula with Fastmail and Gmail, Im able to get instant email. Great stuff. You might say you have SMS for instant communications, but I always believed that having options are extremly important in life. Instant email is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Just a small clarification - Seven does have the ability to do Push for POP using Personal addition. Most people do not go this route as they use the re-directorto connect to a corporate instance like Exchange or Domino.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast