1.    #1  
    My truck has Blutooth hands free capability.

My truck has two phonebooks that can only be loaded via a Blutooth transfer of the contacts data from the phone.

My car recognizes my Treo 650 (and can send and receive calls) but I cannot seem to transfer my contacts to the car phonebook. There is a lock icon on phonebook in the Treo but I was wondering if there is a way around this or how does one transfer a phonebook or even individual contacts? Do you have to convert your contact(s) some way before sending?

Anyone have advice?
    For individual contacts, go to the Contacts app. Select the contact you want to send. Press the menu button and select Send Contact. I haven't actually done this, but in theory it should work.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
  3.    #3  
    Tried it and it failed.
    What kind of truck do you have? Also, who's your carrier?
    Last edited by pheath; 08/30/2005 at 07:20 PM.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pheath
    What kind of truck do you have? Also, who's your carrier?
    Sprint & 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser
  7.    #7  
    Update, having driven my car around for a couple days here is the issue.

I have to set my car up each time I drive to search for the phone. I also have to have my TREO find the car Bluetooth signal. So bottom line, I have to go through the whole set up process each time I get into my car.

Shouldn't this happen automatically each time I turn on my phone's Bluetooth in the car??

Is there a patch for this???
    You have gone beyond my ability to speculate. You might search the Bluetooth Forum here as well as just going to Google. I doubt you are the only one who has experienced this.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Firstly

Install the Bluetooth Car Kit Upgrade, I would install it twice. Trust me.

I have a Parrot 3100 car kit so here is what I did. In the Parrot car kit, here is the procedure, disconnet or make sure you are not connected to the car kit with bluetooth.

Go to the default contact manger, the one that came with the phone. Pop up your contacts. Select the contact you want to send or category. Press the menu button and select Send Contact or Send Category. It will then prompt you to start a bluetooth connection, select Yes.

It might work.

G0THIKE
    This is from the BMW Bluetooth micro site, but it should apply equally to your truck.

[***] The Treo 650 is compatible after updating it with software version 1.12. Download this update to your PC at http://www.palmone.com/us/support/sprintup05/ and then hot sync to your Treo 650. Update support is also provided at Sprint retail stores. Only phone numbers stored as Speed Dial entries will be accessible from your BMW. Your BMW will not be able to access phone numbers stored as Contacts in your PalmOne Treo 650.

Hope this helps.
    M-Pire