Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know Missing Sync (and perhaps other apps) will allow Mac users to use iTunes to move music to their Treo. Is there anything like that for us lowly Windows users?
    Pocket Tunes has the ability to transfer music via Windows Media Player. I don't know of any software that makes this possible for iTunes on Windows though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    Answering the wrong question. I think he wants to use iTunes to manage the music on the Treo, not de-DRM them.
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    What does that do? Is that just to convert music purchused though iTunes to a usable format for the Treo? I don't have that problem. I can get my music on my Treo, I just want to be able to use the iTunes interface to do it. So, in other words, I'm looking for something that will force the Treo to show up as a drive in iTunes.
    I would like an answer too. I will be using iTunes on my Windows PC very soon (expecting an iPOD as a gift). However, all my music will be in the mp3 format (iTunes can handle that, right?) from my vast CD collection.

I would like to use iTunes to manage that non-DRM collection and upload it to both the Treo and to the iPOD ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I would like an answer too. I will be using iTunes on my Windows PC very soon (expecting an iPOD as a gift). However, all my music will be in the mp3 format (iTunes can handle that, right?) from my vast CD collection.

I would like to use iTunes to manage that non-DRM collection and upload it to both the Treo and to the iPOD ...
    I don't know of any Windows iTunes/Treo interface, but yes, iTunes will load your iPod with your mp3's.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I think I may have found a solution.

BadApple in combination with CardExport II might provide the functionality that you need.

BadApple is a free plug-in for iTunes which allows you to sync your music library to any MP3 player (not just an iPod). After downloading and installing the software, you will have a "Sync to MP3 player" link you can click on from within iTunes. This will sync all tracks to a MP3 player.
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews

BadApple in combination with CardExport II might provide the functionality that you need.
    This works! It's not ideal, but does allow you to move files from PC to Treo via the iTunes unterface. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I don't know of any Windows iTunes/Treo interface, but yes, iTunes will load your iPod with your mp3's.
    I figured that.. If some program could use the iTunes' library, playlists etc and would load the files to the Treo, that would be what the OP and I am looking for.

Badapple seems to be a way .. I'll try it out when I actually get my hands on a iPOD
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  10.    #11  
    Bad Apple isn't working for me anymore. I'm not sure, but it seems to be related to an iTunes update. Are there any other solutions floating around?
  11.    #12  
    Anyone?
    If you have a card reader, you can use syncback to keep your itunes music folder in sync with your /audio folder on your sd card.

http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/syncback-hub.html
    This looks promising. Alas, there's only support for the Sony CLIE as of yet and I haven't had time to ask the developer to adapt for Treo's (or any Palm for that matter) yet. Who's up for it?
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Some people have been able to use an app called shuffler to make iTunes think the Treo's card is an iPod Shuffle:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=shuffle

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  15.    #16  
    The Shuffler is pretty cool, but let me see if I understand how Treo users are using it. I can select my iTunes folder and have the shuffler randomly select songs from my library, but it doesn't make the Treo show up as a device in the actual iTunes interface. Am I missing a trick? Ideally, I'd like to see my Treo show up in iTunes just as my iPod does so I can easily use iTunes to move playlists onto my Treo.
    I was hoping there is a way to get POD casts on my treo. Should I start a new thread or use this? I bough my wife the 60 gig iPod, I wish I got it for me instead <grin> but I really want pod cast stuff on my treo. any ideas? I just started looking for how to do that.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I'm not real versed on all the Ipod, and Mp3 stuff, but I think all you need to do for podcasts is go into your Itunes music folder, look for Podcasts or whatever folder name they may be saved under.

Once you find your podcasts, simply move them to your sd card, as they are in Mp3 format and not AAC.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews

Stay away from BadApple if you have iTunes 6.x. I installed this on my PC and it bombed during install and stopped iTunes from being able to access the iTunes Music Store. Even after deinstalling BadApple, iTunes was still broken. Even after deinstalling iTunes and re-installing it, iTMS was still unavailable. My only recourse will be to deinstall, wipe my iTunes directory clean, and reinstall. After that, I will have to rebuild all of my playlists, and may have some other stuff to recreate (maybe album art, etc).

Bad BadApple. Bad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast