1.    #1  
    I'm hoping this is a quick fix.

I'm using IMAP e-mail with M.S. Outlook. In Outlook I have one IMAP folder "Inbox." New e-mails are downloaded to this folder. After I read a message and decide to delete it the message stays in this folder but gets a line put through it. The same thing occurs in the Inbox of my Fastmail account. The e-mail message is not removed from my Outlook Inbox until I visit the Fastmail website and actually delete the message there. It's then moved to the Trash folder at Fastmail and erased from Outlook. I then have to "empty" the Trash folder to remove it completely from Fastmail.

My question is this.... Is there a way to create a trash folder in Outlook and a rule that says when I delete a IMAP e-mail in Outlook the message gets moved to the Trash folder in both Outlook and Fastmail?

The problem is on a busy day my Inbox gets clogged with hundreds of deleted e-mails. I have to visit the Fastmail site several times during the day to clean up.

Thanks!
    From Outlook, use Edit>Purge
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    From Outlook, use Edit>Purge
    Okay, that works well thanks.

But is there a way to make it automated? When deleting POP3 messages, for example, in Outlook, they are automatically moved to the deleted items folder. Is there no way to make it so that when IMAP messages are deleted they are automatically purged?
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Okay, that works well thanks.

But is there a way to make it automated? When deleting POP3 messages, for example, in Outlook, they are automatically moved to the deleted items folder. Is there no way to make it so that when IMAP messages are deleted they are automatically purged?
    I don't know of any way. It's just the way IMAP works. You don't actually delete messages, only mark them for deletion, until you purge the box.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    But in the Fastmail Inbox when I empty the Trash the messages are actually deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    But in the Fastmail Inbox when I empty the Trash the messages are actually deleted.
    That's true, it's not a simple matter of hitting delete, and it going bye-bye. It's a script the interface uses.

http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/faqparts...ting.htm#Purge

7.    #7  
    Okay I think I've got it now.

I used the VIEW, CURRENT VIEW, HIDE MESSAGES MARKED FOR DELETION" option.

This essentially does what I need. Since I have to go to Fastmail to empty the trash anyway this will purge my Outlook Inbox as well.

Thanks Insertion.