1.    #1  
    I would like to install a password encryption app on my Treo, just wondering if any of you could recommend the best one? Are they really protected from prying eyes?
    I'm using SplashID. Works pretty well. Has a companion app that runs on my PC, which syncs with my Treo. And because I no longer need to remember user names and passwords, I usually let SplashID randomly generate both for me.

I haven't tried to crack it's encryption, so I don't know how safe it is, but it's certainly better than using the same user name/password pair everywhere.
    I use eWallet. Seems to work. uses 128 bit encryption, but so do most of such software...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I use Chapura TurboPasswords and like it a lot.
    YAPS - best of all, it is free.
    I use Secret! it isn't the most powerful app and its b&w only, but it gets the job done and has a desktop app for both win and my Mac which is a real bonus
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I use ewallet. I have used the app on my previous PocketPC devices as well. I would prefer a little higher than standard 128 bit encryption, but thats what most apps seem to use. eWallet is easy to use and I have never had any problems.
    Various phones + Pocket PC's + Treo 650 (that's been through hell and back) -->Treo 750w
    /Moved to Applications
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supershawn
    I use ewallet. I have used the app on my previous PocketPC devices as well. I would prefer a little higher than standard 128 bit encryption, but thats what most apps seem to use. eWallet is easy to use and I have never had any problems.
    Do you understand what 128 bit encryption means? If not, I would be happy to post an explanation to explain how secure your data is. 128 bit encryption is the standard for a reason. It's very secure. Your everyday criminal will NEVER break it. Your data is safe.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger
    YAPS - best of all, it is free.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

A link.

http://www.msbsoftware.ch/yaps.html
    YAPS is free but lacks a desktop component .. for those that need 2 places to secure their passwords ..

What happens if you have a bad crash and lose all files on the Treo?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    YAPS is free but lacks a desktop component .. for those that need 2 places to secure their passwords ..

What happens if you have a bad crash and lose all files on the Treo?
    From the website:

ATTENTION: There is a new version 2.5.
    NEW: There is now a viewer to read the Yaps passwords on your PC, directly from the backup file. More about Yaps Viewer can be found right here.

YAPS Viewer
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    This is from the SplashData Yahoo Group regarding the encryption with SplashID:

Once you set a password in SplashID, both on the desktop and handheld, the
    data is encrypted using 256-bit blowfish encryption on both the handheld and
    the desktop. The password is also encrypted within the data file. And the
    data is synchronized between the desktop and handheld in an encrypted state.
    If someone were to get a hold of your datafile, they would be unable to
    decrypt it without knowing the password.