1.    #1  
    Hi - I'm converting from Treo 600 to Treo 650.

What gotchas should I watch out for?

Anything other than just popping the 650 into the 600's
    cradle and syncing?

Any incompabilities?
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft

cradle and syncing?

Any incompabilities?
    You'll need to install the 650 Palm desktop for some conduits.

May wanna check the Palm KB for upgrade info.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'm sure the experts will weigh in, but my advice is not to try. Reinstall the new desktop software clean, but make a copy of your old Backup/ folder from the previous installation. All your prcs and databases will be there. Then you can go through and carefully reinstall your apps one by one. Also, now's a good time to look for updated versions of your apps, as well as hi-res versions.

When I upgraded, I tried to take a shortcut, and got all sorts of junky files in my 650. To this day I am still considering starting over from scratch!
    Visor, Treo 180g, 600, 650, 680. Optus Australia
    <sub>You might think that the favorite plant of the porcupine is the cactus, but it's thinking like that that has almost ruined this country. - <i>Jack Handey</i></sub>
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT JUST HOT SYNC TO YOUR PRIOR USERID. You will create a brick.

Start fresh, create a new id and migrate your PIM data, either by beaming or by the method provided under upgrade info on the Palm website. Follow the link provided by Insertion.

Install all 3rd party software from scratch, do not restore from a backup.

You will love your 650!

Cheers, Perry

or this link:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=92094
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/29/2005 at 08:46 PM.
    The hotsync cable that comes with the 650 is really bad quality. So is the connector on the 650. So far I have the OEM and an aftermarket cable die on me. I would not use it too much. I would use the bluetooth to sync primarily and save the hotsync cable to important stuff like updating the firmware.

Also get a leather case.
    This is great. I have the 600 which is beginning to show its age, and am thinking about getting the 650 (unless I decide to wait for the 670 but not sure the 600 will make it). This answers some of the questions which will help me decide what to do.
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft

cradle
    and syncing?

Any incompabilities?
    Just rereading this thread. You can't do this. Different connectors for power and hotsync.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. e40
    Having to replace the first N units to find a good one. That's the one thing I didn't enjoy. (N=1 for me, I was lucky)
    You will lose the Week View (ala the old paper date books) in the calendar plus Floating Events are gone as well. If you want them you have to buy DateBk5 from Pimlico. For the 600 they licensed DateBk3 as the calendar, but not for the 650.