1.    #1  
    Have you found any Killer Apps., aside from using BT for wireless voice calls?

Now that the Treo 650 has been out for more than half a year, I'm curious what applications have you found that take advantage of the BlueTooth hardware capabilities of the device?
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Salling Clicker (Mac only and extremely cool).

Control your Mac from your Treo.... Control iTunes remotely and even get album art on the Treo.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    DUN and GPS via TomTom Navigator
    Colligo, Meetingpoint, BT Sync etc are all pretty cool...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    BT earpiece
    BT car connection
    BT DUN
    BT hotsync

all icing on the cake
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone, these are some really cool apps! If ya got more, I'm having fun trying these out :-) Are there any good BT Chat apps that would allow two Treo 650's send messages back and forth, maybe even with emoticons, etc?
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Salling Clicker (Mac only and extremely cool).

Control your Mac from your Treo.... Control iTunes remotely and even get album art on the Treo.
    I have to agree. By far the coolest app I've come accross. Hope you have a Mac to enjoy this one.
    I want Salling Clicker also, never seen it before and it is very cool.
    Sailing clicker is by far the best app to show off a Treo. People think its magic for some reason. Amazing app. Worth every penny.
    BT GPS w/TomTom.... Works almost as nice as dedicated $600+ GPS units. There're a variety of other nav programs that support BT GPS (e.g. Mapopolis), but TomTom is the slickest.
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    There're a variety of other nav programs that support BT GPS (e.g. Mapopolis), but TomTom is the slickest.
    people seem to love either TomTom or Mapopolism, but hate the other. is there a clear winner betwen these two?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by booya
    DUN and GPS via TomTom Navigator

Ditto, and reverse DUN
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    people seem to love either TomTom or Mapopolism, but hate the other. is there a clear winner betwen these two?
    I own both (bought Mapopolis first before TomTom was available). IMO, the only ways Mapopolis would have an advantage:
    1. You are more used to Mapopolis (I suspect most who favor Mapopolis on this board might be in this category; it's been around longer).
    2. A map in a particular area you need is more accurate. All mapping products have some variances between their maps and reality. I can't say one is more accurate than the other in general, but you might find a difference of importance to you in a particular location.
    3. If you never use or plan to use a GPS with your mapping program. TomTom is optimized (assumes) a GPS, although it can be used w/o one. In Mapopolis, a GPS is a bit more of a bolt-on / afterthought.
    Otherwise, TomTom is far faster, looks much nicer, and is much easier to use. Functionally, they're very similar, but the ease of use and speed of TomTom make it seem more like a consumer appliance, and Mapopolis seems more like a "proof of concept" (look, you can do mapping on a Palm device).
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danjb
    I own both (bought Mapopolis first before TomTom was available). IMO, the only ways Mapopolis would have an advantage:

1. You are more used to Mapopolis (I suspect most who favor Mapopolis on this board might be in this category; it's been around longer).
    2. A map in a particular area you need is more accurate. All mapping products have some variances between their maps and reality. I can't say one is more accurate than the other in general, but you might find a difference of importance to you in a particular location.
    3. If you never use or plan to use a GPS with your mapping program. TomTom is optimized (assumes) a GPS, although it can be used w/o one. In Mapopolis, a GPS is a bit more of a bolt-on / afterthought.
    Otherwise, TomTom is far faster, looks much nicer, and is much easier to use. Functionally, they're very similar, but the ease of use and speed of TomTom make it seem more like a consumer appliance, and Mapopolis seems more like a "proof of concept" (look, you can do mapping on a Palm device).
    Regarding Mapopolis, I must say that the NavCard solution is very slick and VERY fast - much faster then the one running off the device itself. Just got it, and very appreciative of it. Where it used to take about a minute to two minutes to route locally (or just reset ALOT), the NavCard is a completely different animal.

I don't get restarts, the routing is AMAZINGLY fast, and overall I'm very happy with the purchase. I have not used TomTom, but I can tell you that I love Mapopolis NavCard.
    Does anyone know if Bluetooth on the Treo 650 do two things at once? For instance can I use a Bluetooth headset and a Bluetooth GPS at the same time?
    There is also an application called "BlueKey" which will lock your Treo 650 with when you power it off, at a certain time (and this part does work, unlike the Palm OS security), or when a certain application is started.

You can unlock your Treo 650 either by entering your password, or by having a companion Bluetooth device in the vincinity, such as your Bluetooth headset, which it will detect and unlock your Treo.

It is a little buggy - it has not caused a crash on mine yet, but it does freeze the Treo if I try a Bluetooth unlock while the headset is connected to the Treo during a call or right after a call, which means battery cover off and RESET.....

P.