1.    #1  
    It seems there are several programs out there-Voice Signal, Voice Dialer Std and Pro and there may be more. What program seems to work the best for each person? I have found that the voice recognition on Voice Signal is not that great, lots of errors.
    Voice Dial from Voice Signal dials correctly at the very least 95% of the time for me.
    Even in noisy environments.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrigler@pacbell
    It seems there are several programs out there-Voice Signal, Voice Dialer Std and Pro and there may be more. What program seems to work the best for each person? I have found that the voice recognition on Voice Signal is not that great, lots of errors.
    I bought the 19.95 Voice Dial by name version . . .my desired name comes up every time. . . I have not tried just speaking the number. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    I've had voice dial for a while and its a great program. BUT I upgraded to the latest version and for some reason when you say a contacts name and say "home" at the end of the name, it will ask "Did you say XXXX home?". Then after it would say no match found. Anyone else getting this?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I've had voice dial for a while and its a great program. BUT I upgraded to the latest version and for some reason when you say a contacts name and say "home" at the end of the name, it will ask "Did you say XXXX home?". Then after it would say no match found. Anyone else getting this?
    I upgraded to 1.1 and do not have the problem.

I say: Call ........ xxx xxx ........ Home

If it cannot find just "1" match, it comes back with a screen that lists the alternatives and asks the question you listed about the first alternative. I say "Yes" and it dials.

Not sure what is up with yours. Reinstall?

Cheers, Perry.
    Voice Signal is the best for me, too. I had VoiceLauncher on my 600 and wasn't happy with it at all and rarely used it. Others had more success with it, though. With Voice Signal out of the 40 or 50 times (at least) that I've used it I had maybe 3 or 4 errors and that includes digit dial. It's so good that I don't even use my contact list anymore. I either say the name or number. Now only if I could initiate it via Bluetooth!
    When I get Voice Dialer to work it's great. Unfortunately I had a hard reset some time ago and BBVFS was not able to restore VD. Now I hotsync VD to my phone and the first time I tap on the VD icon after the sync it begins to run, soft resets the phone and the VD icon is then gone. I've tried to hotsync several times and it repeats this behavior.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by slorandy; 09/01/2005 at 11:00 AM.
    In the VoiceSignal web page, they talk about being able to create text messages. However, with my Cingular Treo650 system, I downloaded the trial new VoiceSignal and it does not appear to the text message functions. Does anyone know about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I upgraded to 1.1 and do not have the problem.

I say: Call ........ xxx xxx ........ Home

If it cannot find just "1" match, it comes back with a screen that lists the alternatives and asks the question you listed about the first alternative. I say "Yes" and it dials.

Not sure what is up with yours. Reinstall?

Cheers, Perry.
    My appogoly, dont think I explained it clearly. What I meant was even if there is no "home" number for XXXX it would still ask if I said XXXX home.