1.    #1  
    Ok, I'm trying a bunch of Jeff's work after hearing so much positive things.

So I first tried VolumeCare. It's pretty self explainitory aloth I think I found a bug when I call someone and out of habit press the volume up key it resets my Treo. Then I became brave a tried VolumeCare and ScheduleCare. This is when I became very confused.

First, does VolumeCare do anything when these apps are installed? It seems like overlap but I can't tell if it boosts thing of not...

Then I understand how to set things to different times of the day and different days, I think I even understand the commands I can add to calendar items, but what if I simply want to have bluetooth come on and check to see if it can hotsync a few times between Mon - Fri? Do I really need to make calendar items for this? I think I can make calendar items put things in silent mode during appointments and come back on after my meeting, correct?

I think these are good tools, a little confusing and overlap perhaps but can add quite a bit of customization and value.
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    Ok, I'm trying a bunch of Jeff's work after hearing so much positive things.

So I first tried VolumeCare. It's pretty self explainitory aloth I think I found a bug when I call someone and out of habit press the volume up key it resets my Treo. Then I became brave a tried VolumeCare and ScheduleCare. This is when I became very confused.

First, does VolumeCare do anything when these apps are installed? It seems like overlap but I can't tell if it boosts thing of not...

Then I understand how to set things to different times of the day and different days, I think I even understand the commands I can add to calendar items, but what if I simply want to have bluetooth come on and check to see if it can hotsync a few times between Mon - Fri? Do I really need to make calendar items for this? I think I can make calendar items put things in silent mode during appointments and come back on after my meeting, correct?

I think these are good tools, a little confusing and overlap perhaps but can add quite a bit of customization and value.
    ProfileCare is what you really need. It allows for time of day Profiles that will change preference settings for you. ScheduleCare works best for your dynamic schedule. For example, I use SC to automatically mute my phone for scheduled meetings and turn my phone off when I am getting onto an airplane. ProfileCare handles the predictable preference changes that you referred to.

VolumeCare will live quite nicely with both of these applications.

If you want a quick tutorial, IM me and we can go through it together live.

AOL IM: GoTreo

Jeff